Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know with Uber you can tell the time of a ride before you accept.
Is there any similar setting with Lyft.
They tell you your pick up time to pick up your passenger.
Also does Lyft warn you if it's a long ride ?
I'm trying to manage my time and can't take long rides at certain times.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,416 Posts
I know with Uber you can tell the time of a ride before you accept.
Is there any similar setting with Lyft.
They tell you your pick up time to pick up your passenger.
Also does Lyft warn you if it's a long ride ?
I'm trying to manage my time and can't take long rides at certain times.
Thanks
With Lyft you can drive to the pax and the destinatio info. will show up. If you don't like the trip you can always cancel, however, this may lead to deactivation eventually, if done too often.

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With Lyft you can drive to the pax and the destinatio info. will show up. If you don't like the trip you can always cancel, however, this may lead to deactivation eventually, if done too often.
Thanks for that info.
So as soon as you accept the ride you can find destination and decide to cancel ?

·
Premium Member
8,416 Posts
Thanks.
Is there anyway to set up the time or destination option to stop long rides.
Lyft gives you the +40 minutes notifications when you get a long trip. Anything taking less than 40 minutes of travel time is considered not long or short. With those you can use the destination info. to make a decision.

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lyft gives you the +40 minutes notifications when you get a long trip. Anything taking less than 40 minutes of travel time is considered not long or short. With those you can use the destination info. to make a decision.
Thanks for the info.
So the longest ride would be 39 minutes.
Well that helps.
With Uber I believe it's 45 minutes.
Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info.
So the longest ride would be 39 minutes.
Well that helps.
With Uber I believe it's 45 minutes.
Thanks again.
And that's why they only allow you two direction and or time restrictions a day ?

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It looks like for time management Uber is way better.
If you have two hours to drive and you have to be somewhere Uber is the best.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
You have to earn points through their tier system to receive that privileged information. I wouldn't advise to do those cancellations. Put yourself in the pax shoes. If they are relying on you to pick them up, you show up, you see the destination, then you cancel, that's the most awful thing you can do.

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You have to earn points through their tier system to receive that privileged information. I wouldn't advise to do those cancellations. Put yourself in the pax shoes. If they are relying on you to pick them up, you show up, you see the destination, then you cancel, that's the most awful thing you can do.
Of course.
As long as I know the ride is under 40 minutes that's fine.
Now sometimes Lyft will automatically add a ride when your already on a ride.
Can that ride be over 40 minutes ?

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
And that's why they only allow you two direction and or time restrictions a day ?
I think the number of destination filters increase with your Uber Pro and Lyft Rewards Status. You can get there if you're willing to put in the blood sweat and tears😁. I use my destination filters religiously. They help me get more rides. Strategize based on your market. Points reset every 3 months I think. I wish you the best tho'. And my condolences as you hustle towards Diamonds and Gold!

·
5,880 Posts
Of course.
As long as I know the ride is under 40 minutes that's fine.
With both apps if you are on time constraints, accept your trip and turn on last ride. You won't get and pings after that. Simply go back online after the ride is over.

No idea how Lyft has changed since it has been over a year that I did Lyft ride. They pissed me off, I pissed them off, and we are kind of in a stale mate right now, which of course they will win because they have the power not to review my documents any more for approval, which they have already done to me.

·
5,880 Posts
Number one

Earn points on earnings during busy hours

You’ll get points for every eligible dollar* you make during busy hours. Points you earn unlock tiers: Silver, Gold, and Platinum. When you reach a tier, you’ll stay in it for that qualifying period and the next one.
To find busy hours in your area, tap ‘Lyft Rewards’ in your Lyft Driver app.

number two

Keep your driving score high

To reach Silver, you’ll need a score of 60% or more. For the Gold and Platinum Tiers, you’ll need to maintain a driving score of 80% or higher.

number three

Reap big rewards

See trip details before accepting a ride, get two uses of Destination Mode, save on auto maintenance and repairs with Openbay, and more.

·
Premium Member
1947 Cisitalia 202
2,441 Posts
First thing you should do after beginning a Lyft ride is turn on last ride. Every Single Time. They have no respect for your time or your profits; they just want to be able to tell a rider that someone is coming to pick them up, even if it's some schmuck that's 20 minutes away from them. The schmuck will be you if you let it be.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts