Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new to the forum. I'm searching for a beacon light locally in South Florida. Hoping someone on here or maybe someone you know would like to sell. If you are not using your beacon or maybe gave up on uber. I have the cash in hand please let me know. I started working earlier this year and found out it has been discontinued ! I work full time and it would make pick-ups in crowed locations a lot easier, specially since I drive a simple Prius.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks lmao ! I actually have two of the company reflective U stickers, one on the front and back. But I mostly work at night so the beacon light would be perfect. Specially in crowded places where pax can select a color and see it from good distances away. There are a lot of Toyota Prius' down here working uber, and there's usually a few near me when I'm picking up in crowded places. Always causing confusion for pax lol.

·
Premium Member
11,533 Posts
Just put a big U on your dash... which in Miami can mean ...
Or maybe a giant gold chain on the rearview mirror.

Maybe we can have the cancellation chain and the driver with the most rider no shows gets to wear the cancellation chain while driving for a week

·
Premium Member
11,657 Posts
If they really discontinued it, that's a shame because it works well. It was glitchy at first, but the bugs got fixed. As usual, Uber did a poor job of introducing the Beacon and nobody knew what it was for. It really works well if the pax has sense enough to show you their phone with the color.

It's easily worth 500 little noodles.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello, new to the forum. I'm searching for a beacon light locally in South Florida. Hoping someone on here or maybe someone you know would like to sell. If you are not using your beacon or maybe gave up on uber. I have the cash in hand please let me know. I started working earlier this year and found out it has been discontinued ! I work full time and it would make pick-ups in crowed locations a lot easier, specially since I drive a simple Prius.
$25 send me message

·
Registered
135 Posts
Plenty of lite up signs on Amazon. I got mine which is half uber/half lyft for $25. 3 aaa batteries and a light sensor so if I forget to turn off it goes off when sun is up. Ez off/on the window as well. There are some crappy knock offs that look the same but I can vouch for mine
Uber Lyft LED Light Sign Logo Sticker Decal Reflective Bright Glowing Wireless Removable UBER LYFT New Sign Logo Decal Flashing Car Cycle Sticker White Light UBER LYFT Sign Decal Diameter of 4.6 inch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075NYHSWB/?tag=ubne0c-20

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
You should sport one of these had boys View attachment 177198
I definitely considered it. Lately I've seen more of them around town, definitely stands out but would still have to call/text pax and tell them "hey I'm the Prius with the light up sign" lol

I want a beacon! :)
But they're not in my market and Pax wouldn't know how to use them here so what's the point? :rolleyes:
Would be awesome to see the beacons release everywhere, they seem to work pretty well here in Miami.

Plenty of lite up signs on Amazon. I got mine which is half uber/half lyft for $25. 3 aaa batteries and a light sensor so if I forget to turn off it goes off when sun is up. Ez off/on the window as well. There are some crappy knock offs that look the same but I can vouch for mine
Uber Lyft LED Light Sign Logo Sticker Decal Reflective Bright Glowing Wireless Removable UBER LYFT New Sign Logo Decal Flashing Car Cycle Sticker White Light UBER LYFT Sign Decal Diameter of 4.6 inch
Thank you very much for the advice ! I actually have one that is the uber logo. But it was only $10 on prime, it worked for a couple nights and failed on me lol. I tried new batteries on different occasions with no luck ! I wouldn't even leave it out on the dash either so the sun wouldn't mess it up, only used at night. But I guess I got what I paid for lmaooo. It wasn't very bight in the first place, I would still end up having to call pax to confirm pick-ups. That's what I like about the beacon. They choose the color so even if there are other cars like mine around they know I'm their driver.

·
Premium Member
4,064 Posts
I definitely considered it. Lately I've seen more of them around town, definitely stands out but would still have to call/text pax and tell them "hey I'm the Prius with the light up sign" lol

Would be awesome to see the beacons release everywhere, they seem to work pretty well here in Miami.

Thank you very much for the advice ! I actually have one that is the uber logo. But it was only $10 on prime, it worked for a couple nights and failed on me lol. I tried new batteries on different occasions with no luck ! I wouldn't even leave it out on the dash either so the sun wouldn't mess it up, only used at night. But I guess I got what I paid for lmaooo. It wasn't very bight in the first place, I would still end up having to call pax to confirm pick-ups. That's what I like about the beacon. They choose the color so even if there are other cars like mine around they know I'm their driver.
It's kind of like fübr. Go cheap, and pay twice.
You get what you pay for.
#fübrn

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Even with the beacon you will have to call pax, they won't use the color match. They don't even share the real time location. Pass by the pick up let the clock start and park safely waiting for the no show

·
Registered
272 Posts
When you got the beacon it states that is property of Uber and if they want it back you had to give it back. Also you signed off about them using it for data mining and tracking among other things that it dose.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.