Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No, not the 2015 one. The car you use for ubering.
I'm sorry I'm just kidding.. your wear&tear expenses are huge, which makes what you make even less, you shouldn't use a 2015 for uber!
I've been doing uber for a year and probably wont be doing it for too much longer, it'll be fine. So, this stuff is no good? Is it basically just for older cars?

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Check your owners manual. Are you due for spark plugs anytime soon? At 58k miles, i'd be checking the gaps on those plugs. When was your air filter last replaced? What kind of shape are your tires in? Is your fuel filter serviceable? I'm assuming no check engine lights, right?

These things can all lead to a decrease in mpg.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Check your owners manual. Are you due for spark plugs anytime soon? At 58k miles, i'd be checking the gaps on those plugs. When was your air filter last replaced? What kind of shape are your tires in? Is your fuel filter serviceable? I'm assuming no check engine lights, right?

These things can all lead to a decrease in mpg.
Maybe I should have the spark plugs checked like you mentioned. All 4 tires are brand new, just changed them all last month as well as my engine air filter. Not sure about my fuel filter being serviceable. I'll have to look into that. No check engine lights on, but weird thing is, when i turn my car on, sometimes it feels like it struggles a tad bit while turning over, and then my "check break system" message will flash on my informatiin screen. So, idk what thats all about. As far as that, I'm wondering if my battery is slowly dying out.

I'm due for an oil change in about a week, so i'll have to have my guys check all this out I guess.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Maybe I should have the spark plugs checked like you mentioned. All 4 tires are brand new, just changed them all last month as well as my engine air filter. Not sure about my fuel filter being serviceable. I'll have to look into that. No check engine lights on, but weird thing is, when i turn my car on, sometimes it feels like its struggles a tad bit while turning over, and then my "check break system" message will flash on my informatiin screen. So, idk.
Brakes shouldn't have any effect on mpg. Your pads may be low causing your brake fluid to be low, that's why you may be getting that message.

The struggling at start could be spark plug / ignition related. What year and model car do you have? I could look up when your manufacturer recommends a spark plug change.

·
Premium Member
23,297 Posts
I was waiting for you to reply :) Hmm, I'll look into this brand. Thanks.
A good and smart practice is...next time you need to add a half quart of oil to the engine...put half the bottle in the engine and the other half into a full tank of gas.

This does a couple of things. Most importantly it helps stave off the build up of sludge and deposits on your piston rings and your fuel system...

ADD: Only do this like every 50k miles.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Brakes shouldn't have any effect on mpg. Your pads may be low causing your brake fluid to be low, that's why you may be getting that message.

The struggling at start could be spark plug / ignition related. What year and model car do you have? I could look up when your manufacturer recommends a spark plug change.
Oh, yes, I just figured while we are talking about cars I might as well get all the advice I can ;) My back break pads actually need to be changed, I'm starting to hear some scraping when im braking downhill. My front pads are new.

Anyway, my car is a 2015 Honda Civic LX.
Thank you.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts