Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
I drive UberSelect in the Silicon Valley and have had Steve Wozniaks brother and Lew Wolfe's daughter in my car, and a tech CEO that was on his way to the Superbowl with "LT", Laurence Tosi, the CFO of AirBNB who I met at the regional airport. I was able to thank him for AirBNB's contibution of housing for Syrian refugees which felt good.

I do try to network with such people and keep their contacts if they give them and seem interested in the business I am starting unrelated to Uber, but more as a customer than a partner or employer. I also have an awesome app idea that I have bounced off several techies that work in that space. It's so interesting at times listening to the conversations these people have, the volume of money they are so casually dealing with. It really does feel a bit like being in an episode of Silicon Valley. The best thing is, most of them tip.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I drive UberSelect in the Silicon Valley and have had Steve Wozniaks brother and Lew Wolfe's daughter in my car, and a tech CEO that was on his way to the Superbowl with "LT", Laurence Tosi, the CFO of AirBNB who I met at the regional airport. I was able to thank him for AirBNB's contibution of housing for Syrian refugees which felt good.

I do try to network with such people and keep their contacts if they give them and seem interested in the business I am starting unrelated to Uber, but more as a customer than a partner or employer. I also have an awesome app idea that I have bounced off several techies that work in that space. It's so interesting at times listening to the conversations these people have, the volume of money they are so casually dealing with. It really does feel a bit like being in an episode of Silicon Valley. The best thing is, most of them tip.
How much was your tip? One or two dollars.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Not going to happen. When pax see an Uber driver they see loser, though they may humor you during the ride.
If u want a job u do it the old fashioned way: be under 30, go to one of the right schools and be fluent in Millenial. And no, just growing a stupid beard, buying a beanie and saying random, literally & awesome every 3rd word isn't going to be enough.

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
A nerd job. I've picked up a couple of high powered decision makers - but am not actively looking.
some big wig at a real estate firm asked me to interview/test to be his personal driver. i'm still debating on if it was a legit invite or not. but I'd have to essentially be willing to drop whatever it is I'm doing stat whether it be feeding my child or taking a dump and go pick him up. he promised it'd pay well and maybe it would have but I'm not about to subject myself to calls at 3am, or interrupting time with my family to be his b*tch. maybe if I was solo I'd have considered.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts