Uber Drivers Forum banner

Anyone notice the delay of the heat map in the uber partner app?

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  jaimeritchie 
#1 ·
I don't know if it's an issue with my phone, the uber app on android (I assume most of you are using iphones), but I sometimes have to close out the app, then close out the recent app section on my phone and reload everything for the heat map to pop up.

EVERYTHING ELSE loads fine no matter what all the time, it's like they want to delay me getting heat map info. And many times I get an instant ping with no surge attached and I am forced to cancel on them or work for free.

#3 ·
ditto since the last update. They made the driver app useless. The rider app on the other hand, has to display true prices/ Or, you can buy cheap 3rd party apps that check for surge in real time. Just type surge in the app store (dunno If i can say the names of specific apps on this forum).

#10 ·
Don't know about LA but in my part of NC the heat maps are a joke. I rarely pay attention to them but if I drop off a pax and find myself in the middle of a 2.0 surge, yes I stay where I am and hope I get a ride before it disappears. The heat maps in my area are always the same geographical areas, it never changes. So I cannot believe that the need for cars are always in the same places. I get plenty of rides by doing my own thing and that's accepting every ride and when you end a ride, stay where you are and wait for the next request, don't keep driving around.

#13 ·
Omg guess what I dropped this pax at 5th at In LA, as I'm driving off and hitting the dame end trip button it comes back to network error so I pulled over a block away cuz I know the pax is looking at my car being driven without him in the car and is fkn livid probably, also ready to rate me 1 star. And probably has the email Alteady typed up and ready to send. Any way to joke I spent 15 min trying to end this guys trip but was still saying network error. While I'm trying to end the trip I sent uber a nasty email how there Fk up cost my ratings to go down. Anyway I drove I block and the trip ended after 17 min of trying. I swear to u 20 min later my rating dropped 2 points from 4.86 to 4.84. I'm not saying that was from that 1 pax but wtf men. I was so pissed and there was nothing I could do

#14 ·
Dang, that sucks. In reality you went from showing a 4.9 on the app, to now showing 4.8.

A while back, I went from showing 5.0 to 4.9 because an a-hole wanted me to drive away, but the app was just showing a black screen. I'm not driving 1 inch, without the app showing I'm on a trip.
"Just drive, I'm late, it's your phone that's bad, not the app." F U rider! Gave him a 1 star, 'cause I already knew he would be a jerk and 1 star me at the end of the trip. I almost told him to get out. But, it was a slow F ing week and he was going far. Like $50 trip far. Not bad.

#17 ·
It turns out Uber knows about the map surge issue. When I asked about it I got an auto response - iPhone users - is the iPhone app also affected?

Sep 13, 22:38

Hello, no pre-scripted or auto responses on this please; I need an
answer to each of these questions:

1) Is Uber aware that the Android driver app is not displaying surge
zones properly on the heat map?

2) When does Uber plan to fix these errors?

3) Does the iphone driver app have the same problem at the moment?

Laura, Sep 13, 23:58

Hi,

We are so sorry to hear about the trouble here.

Our team is aware of this issue and we appreciate your patience as we
work to resolve it as quickly as we can.

If you have any other questions in the meantime, I’ll be more than
happy to help.

**Laura**

#18 ·
they do this shit about everything. its to pacify the drivers til they know how to get their shit together. billions and billions of dollars and they cant get the app to work right. they dont care cuz they arent the ones on the road dealing with it so they always have of the "**** 'em" attitude. makes me wanna drive for lyft.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.