Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has opted out of pool rides in LA. I emailed Uber and have had 10 back and forth emails where they say it's not possible.

I've heard it's possible but didn't know if that's only on certain markets.

I know I can ignore those rides, but it's annoying being put on time out.

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has opted out of pool rides in LA. I emailed Uber and have had 10 back and forth emails where they say it's not possible.

Where it may seem at times like you're the only one NOT opted out of poo, in fact it is only true for you. You're the only one in L.A. getting poopings.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Keep ignoring pool requests and eventually Uber will get the message. At least that is what happened to me. I think I got one or two pool requests in the past month.

·
Registered
637 Posts

It worked for me last year. I went 4 months without doing pool.

But in 2017 I started getting the pings. However, I just ignore them.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Some people occasionally achieve it

Easiest way is still to have Select or XL-ONLY vehicles, though....

Albeit that isn't foolproof either, and they try to force pool pings on Select's (and everyone else, up to and including TCP black cars) once every few months --- but a couple vigorous complaints later, the "error" gets rectified

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why would you want to opt out? You should see an increase in pay compared to the previous week.
I did notice that POOL passengers tip a lot more than X passengers, but at this time I prefer to make less money. Less money=less paid in taxes. Win win.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Keep ignoring pool requests and eventually Uber will get the message. At least that is what happened to me. I think I got one or two pool requests in the past month.
Same for me. I ignored so many that I hardly ever get them now. I had my sister try to ping me through the PAX app and all the pool requests would go to some poor soul 10 minutes away, bUT as soon as she requested an X ride I would get the call.

As far as how many you have to ignore in order for uber to get the fact that you won't accept them anymore...I have no idea lol

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
I did notice that POOL passengers tip a lot more than X passengers, but at this time I prefer to make less money. Less money=less paid in taxes. Win win.
I'm lost and confused.

Who the hell pays taxes on supposedly-against-company-policy cash tips???

·
Registered
208 Posts
can uber deactivate you for not accepting uberPool? I try to ignore them as much as i can, but sometimes i accept them for the bonus or just to keep my acceptance rating high. Last year i was deactivated for high cancellations because of uberPool.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Over 20+ requests to opt-out, I still can't get rid of it. Glad to have my Select-only profile. But as Adieu stated, Uber will sneak in a Pool request in my Select-Only profile, hoping I'd accidentally accept it. I may have been born at night, but not LAST night.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts

Pool is actually good. You go online when it's starting to surge, you ignore the pools (unless it's already 2x or something), more people will need rides, surge will get higher, and a good surged ping comes your way. I haven't driven a lot but this is working pretty well for me.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts

They will but they wont tell you, then they opt you back in. I went 6 months with no pool pings then they started again a few weeks ago, now im back to just ignoring them

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
When I take uber I usually request pool and tip the driver. That way tax and uber won't eat into the driver profit as much.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have never gotten tipped by a pool pax yet, now granted I hardly ever accept pool.
Same, I don't know where these people that ride pool and tip are being found, but I haven't seen one. All the pool rides I have ever accepted (until I learned better) were always millennials looking to get 3 miles down the road for as cheap as possible, and they'd just soon as walk to the destination then give the driver a red cent.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Funny was not getting either then I accepted one by mistake then got 6 in a row, I think the same one bounced around the pen for 10 minutes haha
They only have 15 rides for 35 or whatever to get the new guys to keep their acceptance rate at 80 so they r forced to accept poo rides

1 - 20 of 33 Posts