Uber Drivers Forum banner

Anyone heard of Metrowise?

2K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  PMartino 
#1 ·
I am just wondering if anyone has heard of, or experience with Metrowise. It is a new service offered to Uber/Lyft drivers for maintenance and repairs on their vehicles in the LA area. They just launched this month and it seems too good to be true especially since some of us have older cars that will require repairs. For $50 per month they will cover all maintenance and repairs.
Thanks

#15 ·
For $50 a month, cmon

i posted something really similar to your question when they first launched last year. I did sign up and they did cover my repairs ( i only submitted for brake pads, oil change, tire rotation, battery replacement) but nothing major like a transmission. It seems like the mechanics they work w/ are big chains like big o tires or jiffy lubes. My guess is they adjusted to because of their mechanics and the services. The price did go up to around $70 but i stuck w/ it because it still covers brake service long w/ 'maintenance'.

my recommendation is if you're not a DIY person and your car is a little older it may be a good deal, it has a service where they give you back a % of your cash if you dont use their repairs - its kinda like lemonade renters insurance if you guys use that. hope this helps.
Wth is this "maintenance not repair" thing? Getting generic dino 20w50 or recycled mixgrade poured into your synth-only, 5w20 recommended crankcase?

#12 ·
NO owners manual has a replacement interval for brake drums... smells fishy, or it's just written by somebody from a 3rd world country who knows little about cars, under "covered":

2. Brakes
Standard brake pads, shoes, rotors resurfacing, drums are replaced at the frequency defined in your owner's manual. Brakes must be out of warranty.

(It does not cover NEW Rotors, a common item when doing brakes on high mileage cars.)

smells fishy, I would like to see a list of the mechanics they use.

#13 ·
Update-
I noticed that the site has changed since I first started this thread. it WAS too good to be true. It is now $69 per month and it doesn't say anything about repairs. It is only talking about all of the maintenance on the vehicle and that's it. They probably got ripped off with people signing up, getting a repair on their car then cancelling the service.

#14 ·
i posted something really similar to your question when they first launched last year. I did sign up and they did cover my repairs ( i only submitted for brake pads, oil change, tire rotation, battery replacement) but nothing major like a transmission. It seems like the mechanics they work w/ are big chains like big o tires or jiffy lubes. My guess is they adjusted to because of their mechanics and the services. The price did go up to around $70 but i stuck w/ it because it still covers brake service long w/ 'maintenance'.

my recommendation is if you're not a DIY person and your car is a little older it may be a good deal, it has a service where they give you back a % of your cash if you dont use their repairs - its kinda like lemonade renters insurance if you guys use that. hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.