Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use google maps with the driver app and haven't had problems until last week. I don't get any directions for the pickup or destination because the app is looping and "searching for gps". I sent support an email last week with no response or resolution, and I thought this new build would fix it. I need a work around since I'm on the road tonight. Any help is so appreciated!! I'm still waiting for supports help.

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
I use google maps with the driver app and haven't had problems until last week. I don't get any directions for the pickup or destination because the app is looping and "searching for gps". I sent support an email last week with no response or resolution, and I thought this new build would fix it. I need a work around since I'm on the road tonight. Any help is so appreciated!! I'm still waiting for supports help.
Stick to Ubers GPS, every now and then she tells you to take weird routes or doesn't talk to you but most of the time it's pretty reliable.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Uber offers Google maps and Waze as your mapping options, GPS is actually hardware on your phone that these mapping apps use. I've had the same problem and was able to resolve it by turning off the GPS ("location" icon on Android) and turning it back on.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stick to Ubers GPS, every now and then she tells you to take weird routes or doesn't talk to you but most of the time it's pretty reliable.
Should I delete the app and reload with uber's gps or can I change it so.ehow
Wifi interfere with your GPS location. Turn off your GPS. I would recommend to use Waze as a GPS.
I loaded Waze before working a busy weekend and didn't get a chance to set it up right...hated it and reloaded gmaps. I didn't really give it a go. Th
Uber offers Google maps and Waze as your mapping options, GPS is actually hardware on your phone that these mapping apps use. I've had the same problem and was able to resolve it by turning off the GPS ("location" icon on Android) and turning it back on.
I went farther than that, reinstalling Uber app and the maps app. Taking the battery out, reboot.
I found today the problem. Next post.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The last update for the gmaps prg, does not work. I'm not the only one to see this, need to go to settings, applications, and back out the new update.

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
Alcatel, so sorry
If you have a way to turn your WIFI off and still have the app working that may fix the issue. When I got my 6s plus I had all kinds of issues that were beyond GPS i.e. Couldn't even log in. Turned off WIFI all issues resolved.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts