Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Glad to see I am not the only one having app problems. I have had numerous issues. Pax's are complaining that the app is not showing our movements. Had two separate people ask me if I was in route or what my ETA was these last two weeks. I only drive on the weekends. Like some, I had not driven for a few days when I see a new app. SURPRISE!!!! New app sincs even worse now with Google maps and takes a long time to load. Started en route last week and had probably gone a mile before I could get the trip started and the map could be used to navigate. Have also had times when I could not end the trip so the pax did it. Had a couple of fares where the app completely dropped me and closed causing me to loose the fare. When I went back on line the fare was gone. I understand the technical side and problems with phones but I would consider this a breach of contract if the app is sent out poorly functioning and back charge Uber for missed fares. Before the app change, I had numerous episodes where the app would put me at one location and the customer come from another. Pax's would also say Uber drivers never went to the right location. I was informed that the locating mechanism was a grid and not coordinate based. Before I found this forum, I believed a strong correlation existed between the malfunctioning, poorly designed app, misaligned coordinates, and poor star ratings. This forum has confirmed it. I found pax's were using the app to locate them and not putting in the correct address. They think the driver is a moron and rates them low not knowing the tools we have to work with are poorly designed and malfunctioning. After confronting Uber, I get this email that I can come to some location if I am having phone issues. Like what is that going to resolve? Please also DO NOT INSULT MY INTELLIGENCE!!! Besides I work another job and don't have the time to go 25-30 miles away during those hours. Of course this is never offered during drive time or evenings. I use my Google maps everyday and never have a problem with them until I try to sinc the Uber app to it. Tempted to get a lawyer, if I keep getting dropped by this app because they are not providing the proper tools for us AND CAUSING ME TO LOSE MONEY.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.