Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since I rent I can't do instant pay, so every week on Sunday Uber deposits my pay into my bank acct. I can usually access it on Tuesday afternoon - sometimes takes till after 12 midders.
Today it is nearly midnight on Wednesday and my pay has not been deposited into my acct yet.

I went to the bank and called Uber more than once today. By the second call Uber was swearing they had deposited the money in my Acct. Gave me a transfer.number as proof.

Went back to the bank and the teller had no idea what the heck a transfer number was and assured me again there was no deposit or transfer of money in my acct.

Well shoot. I needed that for gas. And bills and life. Anyone have this type of thing happen?

It is the second time in a year. Grrrrr.

·
Premium Member
12,343 Posts
since I rent I can't do instant pay, so every week on Sunday Uber deposits my pay into my bank acct. I can usually access it on Tuesday afternoon - sometimes takes till after 12 midders.
Today it is nearly midnight on Wednesday and my pay has not been deposited into my acct yet.

I went to the bank and called Uber more than once today. By the second call Uber was swearing they had deposited the money in my Acct. Gave me a transfer.number as proof.

Went back to the bank and the teller had no idea what the heck a transfer number was and assured me again there was no deposit or transfer of money in my acct.

Well shoot. I needed that for gas. And bills and life. Anyone have this type of thing happen?

I never get mine until Wed morning. Today worked okay.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Why would you rent a car? Im guessing $120 a week? Thats $480 a month. You could literally get a loan for $2500 which is $140 a month and buy a decent 4cyl car and not only make more money but own it.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why would you rent a car? Im guessing $120 a week? Thats $480 a month. You could literally get a loan for $2500 which is $140 a month and buy a decent 4cyl car and not only make more money but own it.
Thru the uber enterprise program, cause I messed up my credit last year after being laid off. Ps. The guess is way off.

·
Registered
805 Posts

My dear, I've been following your posts for a while and I see nothing but frustration unfortunately. You seem very hard working.
Please get rid of that rental car and buy a cheap ride if you enjoy driving and IF it's possible for you to drive your own car. You will lose money with renting and you'll have to work twice as much.
Wish you the best

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
$140 per month is not the actual costs since you are not factoring in depreciation.
The beauty of buying a low budget car is it cant depcreciate much more. So even if she only pays $120 a month which leaves her $360 a month for repairs at the current rate which wont happen every month if she picks a decent car. Also her insurance would be alot cheaper!

Thru the uber enterprise program, cause I messed up my credit last year after being laid off. Ps. The guess is way off.
yes im sure its alot higher since that was back then when i looked. If you can get a rental car you can get a loan. I took a $2500 loan for 30% which i pay $120 a month and bought a xl vechicle. Paid that loan back real quick and been making good money so far.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My dear, I've been following your posts for a while and I see nothing but frustration unfortunately. You seem very hard working.
Please get rid of that rental car and buy a cheap ride if you enjoy driving and IF it's possible for you to drive your own car. You will lose money with renting and you'll have to work twice as much.
Wish you the best
Thanks, I know you are right. I really can't but any kind of car right now. I had hoped to put some money away and do just that but the rental deal makes it nearly impossible.
I am returning the car this weekend. I appreciate your post.

Yep. I knew it was crazy when I signed up but I needed a way to make money right away - and I had driven about a year ago when my car was still accepted ( it's a 2001 RX300). I made decent money then. Now it's back to the drawing board.

·
Premium Member
2,315 Posts
Thanks, I know you are right. I really can't but any kind of car right now. I had hoped to put some money away and do just that but the rental deal makes it nearly impossible.

Yep. I knew it was crazy when I signed up but I needed a way to make money right away - and I had driven about a year ago when my car was still accepted ( it's a 2001 RX300). I made decent money then. Now it's back to the drawing board.
For now, just concentrate on earning $ to produce steady income.
Work hard, it's an opportunity you get a car through leasing program for Uber. Which means you have a job!
Once your life is steady after bill is paid off, save $ for a used car that is qualified for ridesharing.
Once you buy the used car, your income will be more. Save $.
Answer to your question: I always get the $ Wednesday morning. Never received 12am,2 or 3 am

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
I believe enterprise rental is 280.00 per week with tax and etc......

little over 1000 per month for that rental correct?
Is this real? No wonder every time I take an Uber, the driver is complaining about how many rides he/she has to do per week just to get like $100 knocked off the rental price. I'm always like "why are you killing yourself doing that many rides for so little money?"

THIS is what is killing surge. People are literally working for far less than minimum wage because they've agreed to crappy deals. It's predatory business practices on the part of Uber/Lyft, but meanwhile these idiots driving around accepting every base rate ping are killing business for the rest of us and making the public think that a $5 ride across town in traffic is "normal".

·
Registered
568 Posts
I had BAD experience on delays... I don't know if you are aware of a scam that was happen last year. Someone pretending calling from UBER
confirming information on your account? BAMMMMM next day the deposit from then and whatever I had on there it was gone....and here goes my advice..... IF uber made and you have how to prove that deposit, the bank has insurance on. Good luck

·
Registered
156 Posts

MissEeee - did enterprise tell you when you have to return your car? My info is that whenever your current 28day rental period ends, you have to return car. Did you find other options? Did you approach xchnge?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I had BAD experience on delays... I don't know if you are aware of a scam that was happen last year. Someone pretending calling from UBER
confirming information on your account? BAMMMMM next day the deposit from then and whatever I had on there it was gone....and here goes my advice..... IF uber made and you have how to prove that deposit, the bank has insurance on. Good luck
Thanks! I haven't answered any calls from Uber real or fake. Whew!

You dont need good credit for auto loans
I applied. We shall see. o_O

·
Banned
4,495 Posts
OP: Hope you know the kind of taxes and self employment tax you will owe doing this work with a rental car.

Renters can only writeoff actual costs (rental fees, gas, car washes, etc.) = Huge tax liability

Own/Lease and you can take standard mileage deduction which probably wrights off almost every dollar brought in since we drive 2-3+ miles on average for every paid mile. = Very little to no tax liability

You dont need good credit for auto loans
Ha ha ... More and more, lenders want bank statements unless you have other real employment (not self employment) to qualify you for the car loan.. I didn't put Uber or Lyft on my application, but 4 different lenders saw my Lyft and Raiser deposits and said NO, because the car will not outlast the loan.

All lenders know: Uber/Lyft cars will be worthless in a year or two and there will be no colateral left to secure the remainder of the loan when (not if....when) the car breaks down and you can't drive to make money and pay the loan payments.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.