Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
There was a court (employee test) case that scared Oops!ber, so they declared drivers wouldn't be deactivated for ignoring pings.

·
Registered
377 Posts
You get logged off and put in a 5 minute timeout if you ignore 3 pings. That includes if you ignore one, accept one, ignore one, accept one, ignore one... you still get logged out every 3 pings you ignore.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You get logged off and put in a 5 minute timeout if you ignore 3 pings. That includes if you ignore one, accept one, ignore one, accept one, ignore one... you still get logged out every 3 pings you ignore.
Is it worth it for you ignoring the pool requests?

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Only accept pool if ur out in the boonie suburb or part of destination filter. If u accept one, Uber will put u in an uber-pool train. It will never stop. One pool after the other. Once u can't take it no more, u stop and check how much little u made and u will see all those cheap bastards took turns bumping u in the rear like a gang 8-------)0. The concept is a money loser for a driver. It's bad enough doing x fares. Pool riders in general are the cheapest of the cheap.

·
Premium Member
11,633 Posts
If your phone is an Android, you get logged out, but can lig bavk in immediately. Just be aware of the logout policy, in case you put the app in the background, and don't notice the change.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Only accept pool if ur out in the boonie suburb or part of destination filter. If u accept one, Uber will put u in an uber-pool train. It will never stop. One pool after the other. Once u can't take it no more, u stop and check how much little u made and u will see all those cheap bastards took turns bumping u in the rear like a gang 8-------)0. The concept is a money loser for a driver. It's bad enough doing x fares. Pool riders in general are the cheapest of the cheap.
Pool is Unsafe from a professional driver's point-of-view. BUT, as Agent99 has so ably put it; send an urgent email message to Oops!ber, and inform them that Pool is unsafe and you DEMAND to be opted out. If there's an accident whilst engaged in a Pool, and it winds-up in court, you're ON THE RECORD that you demanded that Pool requests be stopped, and you said they were unsafe.

The concept requires customers to burn-up their time and yours.

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Pool is Unsafe from a professional driver's point-of-view. BUT, as Agent99 has so ably put it; send an urgent email message to Oops!ber, and inform them that Pool is unsafe and you DEMAND to be opted out. If there's an accident whilst engaged in a Pool, and it winds-up in court, you're ON THE RECORD that you demanded that Pool requests be stopped, and you said they were unsafe.

The concept requires customers to burn-up their time and yours.
Just thinking about all the bad scenarios that can be played out doing pool is mind boggling. To do it within downtown is just stupid.

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
No pool acceptance brought my rate low as expected. Turned on app in middle of surge and only received pings 13 or more minutes away and outside of surge. Punished? Not sure.

·
25,834 Posts
Q:
Is it worth it for you ignoring the pool requests?
A:
It's worth it for everyone to ignore all UberPool requests.
Yesterday, I noticed that the Washington Area drivers were doing a very good job of passing on the U-Pools. I was in Crystal City (Arlington--a Virginia suburb next door to National Airport) at 1745. Immediately after I dropped off a customer, the application offered me a U-Pool in the City. The ETA was a bit optimistic (it read nine minutes-nineteen would have been closer to reality and even that might be optimistic). I would have had to cross the river in rush hour traffic to get back into the City to cover it. Of course, I let it expire. Immediately, the application offered me another U-Pool in North Arlington. The ETA on that one read thirteen minutes, which was a bit optimistic, as well. Of course, I let it expire. I will not accept a U-Pool at which I am looking, why would I accept a U-Pool for which I must chase?

·
Registered
727 Posts
I ignored a number of U-Poo requests Saturday night and did get kicked out of the app (Android). I immediately was able to turn it back on and got an X request. I got an automated email from Uber yesterday that said they noticed I let a number of pings expire and that I should turn off my app when I am not working.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I ignored a number of U-Poo requests Saturday night and did get kicked out of the app (Android). I immediately was able to turn it back on and got an X request. I got an automated email from Uber yesterday that said they noticed I let a number of pings expire and that I should turn off my app when I am not working.
I would respond back and let them them know that they can simply take me off of UberFOOL and the pings will not expire. I don't see where it makes sense to pick up UberFOOLs 3am on a late Saturday night. Then when other pax take advantage of the drunk pax and pickpockets them or takes their phone, I am somehow involved. I can't be bothered. The cheapest customers are the most difficult to deal with and the most demanding. They want water, candy, aux cord, stop at the Taco Bell and wait for 15-20 minutes then get dropped back off home. They demand that you do not pick up any additional riders. They ride in pairs so you will not drive off on them while they make their quick stop while the other is in the car. Why would any driver who has some mental stability be bothered for the lowest pay that Uber can offer? UberPOOL is being imposed on an IC, that part I do not understand.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
UberPool far more dangerous and unsafe for drivers than X because of the chance that unrelated riders will argue with each other.
Do NOT accept UberPool for you own safety! Uber says all risk belongs to independent contractors.
They also know how many drivers refuse UberPool requests, but Uber still makes a huge profit at the expense of drivers that do UberPool.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I get put in their little "timeout" sometimes but i don't care. Just like some of the others said you accept a POO(L) and they have you by the balls. I took one by mistake and was pulling in the girls driveway to drop her off when the 2nd passenger came through 17 F'ing minutes away! I don't believe in canceling unless its an emergency so i begrudgingly went, passenger no show. No sooner had i canceled then another came up. I was stuck on the damn Uber POO(L). When i dropped them off i turned the app off ASAP

1 - 20 of 24 Posts