Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Anyone get your 300 UI yet

Pay 
11K views 265 replies 47 participants last post by  Jimmy44 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has received there executive order 300 dollar UI yet ?
If you did was it retroactive to July 26th ?
Did you have to apply for it even if your still on UI.
My state Conn. has applied for it but as of yet no money has gone out.
Would love to hear if anyone has received yet.

#7 ·
Texas here
We didn’t start releasing the $300 until after 8/23
My claim day was yesterday & I got notice I’m getting the 8/1, 8/8 & 8/15 backdated $300 per week & on my regular 2 weeks (8/22 & 8/29) for a total of 5 weeks (that’s all Texas was given & now we wait for either more FEMA cash or Congress)

pays to be patient 😉

#9 · (Edited)
Texas here
We didn't start releasing the $300 until after 8/23
My claim day was yesterday & I got notice I'm getting the 8/1, 8/8 & 8/15 backdated $300 per week & on my regular 2 weeks (8/22 & 8/29) for a total of 5 weeks (that's all Texas was given & now we wait for either more FEMA cash or Congress)

pays to be patient 😉
Outstanding news !
That first week of back pay will be a great payout.
I think
Our Mayor just decided to ask for it, so we have not gotten ours, yet.
Yes be patient I think your Governor has to apply.
But it's money in the bank as you will get back pay.

Texas here
We didn't start releasing the $300 until after 8/23
My claim day was yesterday & I got notice I'm getting the 8/1, 8/8 & 8/15 backdated $300 per week & on my regular 2 weeks (8/22 & 8/29) for a total of 5 weeks (that's all Texas was given & now we wait for either more FEMA cash or Congress)

pays to be patient 😉
The Senate is coming back from vacation soon. There will be political posturing for the month of September. Then there will be a threat to turn down the government. At the 11th hour the morons in Senate and Congress will pass a Stymulous package that they could have done two months ago.
This is what happens when government is filled with career politicians that only care about being re elected.
People like you and me have no one fighting for us.

#10 ·
PA here.
We have been notified that we have applied and are currently awaiting guidance on how to distribute the funds.
Looks like it's going down.

Questions:

Will the states be forced to set up an entirely new system just to distribute these funds? I read somewhere that there may be an issue with Fed money and Disaster money needing to be kept separate or couldn't "intermingle".

Also, since this is considered "Disaster $$$" is it taxable?

#11 ·
Texas here- and yes. When I requested payment (which is done every two weeks here), I received the usual amount as well as an additional $300 per week, backdated to 08/01/2020. Interestingly, they say five weeks +$300 have been "approved," but it was only applied to three (my request date was such that 4wks should have had the +$300, with one of two having it next time). Nonetheless, I was thrilled to receive that bit of a boost, as it was/is much-needed. My "main job," (also performed on an IC basis) has been almost phased-out at this point (fortunately, new implementations should be in place by mid-OCT so I can again resume my Counseling role).

Also, since this is considered "Disaster $$$" is it taxable?
In TX, ours has been labeled "Disaster Unemployment Assistance" (DUA vs. PUA) from the beginning. And verbiage states that it is indeed taxable. Now, seeing how the *source* of these [newly-distributed] funds are actually coming from "disaster funding," I must say- you posit an interesting question there...

#14 ·
I lost the link that shows where each State is at in the processing. Can someone repost that ? Thanks.

#17 ·
I saw this coming July 26th and that's why I would have taken 200 extra working my way up to 70% of pre pandemic earnings.
It is not as easy as you suggested unfortunately.
The executive order changed the extra to femma.
Now in a month when these pinhead politicians approve the 600 we will have to go change it again.
This is why career politicians should not be allowed.

#22 ·
Glad to see that money is getting into the hands of people who need it.
I really hope that the poor people of color will think twice before pulling the liberal Democratic lever in November.
Four two months the Dems basically withheld your 600 extra a week. I can hear them behind closed doors saying don't worry about there votes. They are not smart enough to figure out we only use them to gain political advantages.
So the Democrats in the House holding fast for the $600 they approved well before the expiration while the Republican Senate sits around for 2 months ignoring the issue while the first PUA expires. Then tRUMP does an end-run around congress and green-lights an amount for one half what the Dems are fighting for. And you think people are so stupid to think Dems are the problem? They aren't. People of color in particular know better than to vote for the party of half measures and overt racism. Without uneducated white racists, tRump wins zero electoral votes and 30% of the popular vote.

#26 ·
Dont worry trumps got your back!
Btw it is a great idea to goto
wisconsin while backing
the out of state shooter that
decided to cross state lines
with an assault rifle to
protect strangers property
wisconsin while backing
with an assault rifle to
protect strangers property..
Which out of state shooter used an assault rifle?

#29 ·
What was he or she waiting for?
(corrections noted)

Muriel Bowser is a "she".

1599095911050.png

On the whole, she has been an acceptable mayor. I do not know for what she was waiting. Perhaps she thought that the Democrats would push the Republicans into five or six, then realised that people are hurting, so they need something.

#31 ·
September 2, 2020. My bank received a deposit of $1200 from the IRS. I had already assumed my "stimulus" check would be a 2020 tax deduction.
August 26, 2020. My bank received a deposit from the IRS for the amount owed, plus interest, for my 2019 refund...which I filed in February. My first indication I might actually receive my "stimulus" check.

MAGA...Making America Government-dependent Again

#36 ·
#50 ·
Outstanding that's fantastic.
Connecticut says my 300 for 5 weeks is paid pending. So I should be in line for 1500 and probably more by the time the old computers start spitting out checks.
I am grateful for President Trump executing the executive privilege.
Nancy and Chuck should be forced to live in low income housing for 2 months and live on 198 dollars a month.

#57 ·
Yes it seems like we are dealing with anywhere between 1500 and 2500 total.
That total amount is the only figure that matters.
If we can buy 3 weeks that will bridge the gap until the slugs in the Senate and Congress get off there tired lazy butts and remove the obstacles for us to receive OUR money.

#59 ·
Wouldn't it depend on the unemployed population in each state? More people faster the money runs out? Does each state get same amount or base on their unemployed?

this is temporary and now Congress must act and get it done.
There is only around 45 billion available. California took ten per cent of that with just three weeks. Another three weeks and California swallows up 20% of the money available.

FEMA has already started cutting back on PPE because of the money being diverted.

#64 ·
wisconsin while backing
with an assault rifle to
protect strangers property
WideeyedEachIridescentshark-max-1mb.gif

Okay...so it looks like it took all of three posts for this to go down the political rabbit hole.

our states UI computers are old
They're just waiting for the tape drive to start working again.

Computer Personal computer Output device Netbook Input device

#65 ·
I'm not saying defunding police departments is right or wrong as I don't really know enough about the subject. I just think that we got ourselves here and it's our fault collectively. We are seeing the consequences of our acceptance of apathy in government and law enforcement. If police officers were trained properly in the first place defunding may not be an issue.I've been frustrated with CA government policies (Republican and Democrat) for decades. If we the people continue to argue who is right or wrong instead of finding solutions we end up like congress, paralyzed.

Sorry to take this thread off track. Yes, I (CA resident) am scheduled to receive 4 weeks of $300 back pay on the September 7th.

#69 ·
Glad to see that money is getting into the hands of people who need it.
I really hope that the poor people of color will think twice before pulling the liberal Democratic lever in November.
Four two months the Dems basically withheld your 600 extra a week. I can hear them behind closed doors saying don't worry about there votes. They are not smart enough to figure out we only use them to gain political advantages.

You are right my states UI computers are terrible.
You and I will get our checks and eventually Xmas will be here as well.
sorry to burst your bubble but the Democrats passed a bill (house) which kept the $600 intact back at the end of June

it's sitting on the republican Moscow Mitch's desk waiting for a vote

republicans don't want the extra $600 as they say it's more than people make so the lazy won't go back to work🤷🏻‍♂

nice try though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.