Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering how many members are from the Lehigh valley.
Now that all the festivals are done, what's in store for us to make $$?

Lehigh U sucks. Very short trips and you get 3-4*. Although there are a lot of pings there.

Does deSales get enough request? I only picked up there once and the students said the addresses for the different buildings are the same so it pretty hard to figure out where the passenger is.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Wessock good luck on your trips. There are too many drivers now for such a small area. The past 2 weeks I guess there were a ton of new drivers plus no more events so my take has been cut in less than half. I only do weekend nights.
You will make decent fares when the bars close at 2 in Allentown and Bethlehem. But then they are all drunk and your rating will take a hit.

Good luck .

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wondering how next weekend with Halloween will be. Half the towns have it Friday night and the other half Saturday night.

Then there's Thanksgiving Eve, then New Years. I started driving this past St Patrick's day weekend which was lucrative.

Memorial Day weekend was great as was Labor Day weekend.

Hopefully a bunch of these drivers drop out.

BTW, did you guys get the email saying the rates were dropping to $1.60/mile, only to be followed up a day or two later with an email saying it was still $1.75/mile? I think they gave us an accidental peek into an upcoming rate cut.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi furlonium, yeah hopefully the new ones drop out when they realize it's not the same as Advertised. Tonight has been really slow for me.
Yeah I got that $1.60 agreement then next day went back to $1.75. Hehe we dodged a bullet there. Here comes XL though. Good thing Lehigh kids no longer have try and fit 5 or more passengers in a car.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Won't stop the cheap shits from trying, I'm sure. I'm staying in tonight, hopefully goes well for you tonight. BIL had a ride last night from Sands to Manhattan, lucky bastard hah.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Won't stop the cheap shits from trying, I'm sure. I'm staying in tonight, hopefully goes well for you tonight. BIL had a ride last night from Sands to Manhattan, lucky bastard hah.
Now that's a dream ride that's easily $150. Even with dead head back.

·
Registered
35 Posts
He got right around that after fees. Had a hell of a time finding his way back even with GPS. Apparently NYC taxi drivers have their stereotypes for valid reasons lol

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do we need another member here to be added to the city list? There's 3 of us right now. I'm sure there are more out there.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Is there a minimum to have a city list? The Valley has 800,000 people. It's no LA or NYC but certainly bigger than many other markets.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello fellow Lehigh Valley Drivers. How exactly do we get to vote to get our city on the city list?

I have been driving since the launch in the Valley, any questions I can answer regarding anything local let me know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It looks like we have 4 members in the Lehigh Valley here at least and 3 is the minimum so how do we get Mods to create our city?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts