Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
Nearly every time. I've only had 2 where I didn't and both times were my fault and I chose not to fight it. As long as you have a legit reason for doing what you did, you'll get it back. I f'd up is not a legit reason.

If you feel the customer was wrong to contest, make sure you change their rating to 1 star

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nearly every time. I've only had 2 where I didn't and both times were my fault and I chose not to fight it. As long as you have a legit reason for doing what you did, you'll get it back. I f'd up is not a legit reason.

If you feel the customer was wrong to contest, make sure you change their rating to 1 star
I followed the GPS, but there was a shorter way. However if the GPS didn't take me through the shorter way there may have been a reason. For example an accident or construction. That's the issue.

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
That's it then. I followed my navigation which proscribes the fastest most efficient route at the time. The customer did not express a route preference. I performed my service appropriately and I should be paid appropriately, which is for the time and distance I actually drove.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's it then. I followed my navigation which proscribes the fastest most efficient route at the time. The customer did not express a route preference. I performed my service appropriately and I should be paid appropriately, which is for the time and distance I actually drove.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Agree. Twice I contested a 40+ mile trip that I was only credited 2-3 miles. As evidence, I use common sense (generally does NOT work :() and either mapquest or google-maps with the addresses recorded by Uber.
How do you "change a PAX rating" an hour or more after drop-off?
That's it then. I followed my navigation which proscribes the fastest most efficient route at the time.
GPS like Waze choose the fastest route by default, which may not be the shortest, cheapest, or "most efficient".

·
Registered
588 Posts
Agree. Twice I contested a 40+ mile trip that I was only credited 2-3 miles. As evidence, I use common sense (generally does NOT work :() and either mapquest or google-maps with the addresses recorded by Uber.

GPS like Waze choose the fastest route by default, which may not be the shortest, cheapest, or "most efficient".
Wtf how did you only get 3 miles credited out of 40 miles driven?

The fastest route is always the most efficient.

To change a rating go into account, trip and fare review, click on the trip, rider feedback, change rating for my rider
It asks why do you want to change the rating, what do you say?

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
After completing the trip, go back to the Trip and Fare Review > select the trip, select issue with pax, select change rating.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Yes.

Customer had me take him to one address, then we continued to a second address. We did not change the data in the app- I just left it running.

Uber "corrected" the fare, I protested, and the original fare was reinstated. No problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone ever contest a pax inefficient route fare adjustment and have it reversed?
Once a PAX reported to Uber that I didn't use the most efficient route and Uber cut the pay and notified me. I replied that "The GPS changed the route and the rider was sitting behind me and awarded the change without saying anything. My guess is that a new accident/traffic jam occurred at the time." Uber just changed the payment to the original value.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I contested it and won!

Thanks for letting us know,

I've reviewed this trip and determined that an incorrect fare adjustment was made. Your fare has been readjusted to {partner fare}.

This difference in fare will be reflected in your next weekly payment statement.

We're sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

Thanks again for letting us know. If you have any additional questions or
concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Customer had me take him to one address, then we continued to a second address. We did not change the data in the app- I just left it running.
Always update the app, and whenever possibly make the pax update the address on their end :) I've never had a fare "corrected" since I started doing that...

·
Registered
588 Posts
Always update the app, and whenever possibly make the pax update the address on their end :) I've never had a fare "corrected" since I started doing that...
Yes yes yes! Make them ALWAYS update the app. If they won't stops between their final desitination or want to make a round trip, I always make the pax do it through their app. If any grumble, I literally teach them how to update destination as I drive.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Yes yes yes! Make them ALWAYS update the app. If they won't stops between their final desitination or want to make a round trip, I always make the pax do it through their app. If any grumble, I literally teach them how to update destination as I drive.
I'll make an exception to the pax-update rule and update it myself when it's 2am, they're plastered drunk and barely got in the car to begin with, there's a 5x+ surge and they're going 2 miles (with a 1 mile second drop) and it's better for my bottom line to get them out of the car fast and get to the next new high-surge fare. But that's pretty rare...

·
Registered
588 Posts
I'll make an exception to the pax-update rule and update it myself when it's 2am, they're plastered drunk and barely got in the car to begin with, there's a 5x+ surge and they're going 2 miles (with a 1 mile second drop) and it's better for my bottom line to get them out of the car fast and get to the next new high-surge fare. But that's pretty rare...
Yea most of the time they aren't that gone. But def I try to make them always do it. I only did it once cus I was just too irritated to talk to the ahole

1 - 19 of 19 Posts