Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't received a link for the guarantees opt in since 8/17. I emailed Uber today and received this response:

"Some guarantees are only offered to a specific group partners rather than everyone. We typically rotate these types of guarantees to make the guarantee structure as fair for everyone as possible. We will always send messages regarding any guarantees that you are eligible for, so if you don’t get one now, just wait for the next one to come around."

I'm not sure why I suddenly wouldn't be eligible for the guarantees that I've been eligible for all along. Anyone experiencing this?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. I wonder if this is just their way of not offering the guarantees to everyone. Their reply sounds like bs.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Lowell (Uber)

Aug 13, 23:46

Hi Timothy,

Thanks for writing in. Happy to explain!

Some guarantees are only offered to a specific group partners rather than everyone. We typically rotate these types of guarantees to make the guaranteestructure as fair for everyone as possible. We will always send messages regarding any guarantees that you are eligible for, so if you don't get one now, just wait for the next one to come around.

You will be receiving these weekends guarantees automatically.

If you ever need to report a missing payment for a guarantee, let us know and we'll be happy to take a look. Thanks valued partner.

Lowell
help.uber.com

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah that's pretty much the response that I received verbatim, except mine did not state that I will be receiving this weekend's guarantee automatically.

·
Registered
770 Posts
accept it. it's your fate, your destiny. be happy that you found it. ;)

Reactions: Richard Cranium

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
One week into driving (about 18 months ago) I foresaw this eventually coming. That's why from the start, I have ignored every single guarantee. Ok, I opted into a few but never took the guarantees serious. If I'm going to make money on Uber then I'm going to make money on Uber. They can shove their guarantees up their asses.

They shouldn't be needing to do this guarantee crap anyway. Set the rates appropriately and drivers will naturally chase demand. Uber just likes playing god, it's a control thing. You go where they tell you to go, they pick favorite drivers, etc. All unnecessary psychological garbage that has nothing to do with making money but only serves to make Uber feel that they're smart.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
If you get the spam text messages then that is only way you will get them.

My take on it is this. If anyone needs the guarantees to make money at this then start looking hard for that 9 to 5 job.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just got this reply after 5 emails today!

Keith (Uber)

Aug 27, 09:22

Hi Timothy,

Yes, the message I sent was just a test to make sure your text were working.

Everything looks to be fine with you receiving messages.

It looks like there may have been a problem in your area with the messages being delivered.

We apologize for this inconvenience, and we are working to correct this issue.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks again for partnering with Uber.

Best,

Keith
help.uber.com

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I have tnc. I have opted in and get the you're in response. I have 3 weeks of the same answer you've gotten. I have asked in reply what the criterion is to be eligible. No response. Eff this.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Same for me. Ever since the "Opt in or you'll never get another guarantee again (and we'll steal the water bottles out of your car)" message, I haven't received anything. Not that I was worried about them, but I was always curious what flavor the vomit of the week was going to be.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Thanks for writing back.

Uber usually give emails about the Guarantee hours to all partners, especially for all partners near in the high in-demand places.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Uber on!

So I got this in response to my response to the canned message we all got.

1. I am 2 miles outside the loop, west of west u and nrg.
2. I thought only gaurantees were via text...
3. Isn't discrimination by address still discrimination and illegal??
4. Who gets gaurantees and lives outside of the loop?
5. All my driving is in loop and even if it wasn't I might be willing to do so to get the gaurantees.

This is shady and can't be legal, can it??

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Thanks for writing back.

Uber usually give emails about the Guarantee hours to all partners, especially for all partners near in the high in-demand places.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Uber on!

So I got this in response to my response to the canned message we all got.

1. I am 2 miles outside the loop, west of west u and nrg.
2. I thought only gaurantees were via text...
3. Isn't discrimination by address still discrimination and illegal??
4. Who gets gaurantees and lives outside of the loop?
5. All my driving is in loop and even if it wasn't I might be willing to do so to get the gaurantees.

This is shady and can't be legal, can it??
I live outside the Beltway and I get the guarantees. I'm no lawyer, but I don't think there is any law about discrimination based on address.

In fact, I discriminated against an address just today. 5085 Westheimer. That's the Galleria. I'm not going to play Marco Polo for thirty minutes trying to track down which entrance, lot, or garage the pax is in.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Seems to me that if uber is only extending gaurantees to a portion of their drivers and denying others, there is some kind of preferential treatment going on that is suspect but whatever.

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
I live outside the Beltway and I get the guarantees. I'm no lawyer, but I don't think there is any law about discrimination based on address.

In fact, I discriminated against an address just today. 5085 Westheimer. That's the Galleria. I'm not going to play Marco Polo for thirty minutes trying to track down which entrance, lot, or garage the pax is in.
I call to see if they're at a hotel and if not ask "so are you at the front by the cheesecake factory?" If not and they start dithering (as opposed to "I'm outside right by xxx") I just cancel. The hotel trips if it's surging can be good ones. I guess if you like going to the airport with no surge they're ok too.

It depends on traffic too. If the mall is busy it's just too time consuming to get in and out sometimes even if the pax are ready and then I just cancel.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Seems to me that if uber is only extending gaurantees to a portion of their drivers and denying others, there is some kind of preferential treatment going on that is suspect but whatever.
Maybe us newbs were getting the guarantee. Or maybe they're just effed up?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I call to see if they're at a hotel and if not ask "so are you at the front by the cheesecake factory?" If not and they start dithering (as opposed to "I'm outside right by xxx") I just cancel. The hotel trips if it's surging can be good ones. I guess if you like going to the airport with no surge they're ok too.

It depends on traffic too. If the mall is busy it's just too time consuming to get in and out sometimes even if the pax are ready and then I just cancel.
I'm not a pro shopper like my wife so I really have no idea what's where at the Galleria.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts