Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had 4 times where either I was at or very near the location I was picking up the PAX (within 40 yards) and it automatically stated I was "arriving". A few days ago, it stated how long I "arrived" but now nothing and the green start swipe button wasn't on so I had to either have driver cancel and try again or drove them and still need to contact Uber on the issue. This new update is probably the worst of all of them this year. Am I doing something wrong or can it be fixed manually? I lost out on two good surges especially on a Friday when it barely surges in OC. Really pisses me off we are seeing our last fare in the map area that normally tells us what the surge range is, our Trip History no longer shows each individual fare as you now need to actually click on each one and of course not allowing us to hit "arrive" so next option is "start trip".

I also noticed last night that map is flashing every few seconds and either not showing color map or showing it for split second but surge might still be in place. I am over using the rider app this weekend!

Not sure if local or USA or even worldwide problem but the genius beings in SF are really ****ing things up right now including my payments!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Even though it has automatically notified the passenger, you still have to hit the "Confirm you have arrived" button, which is the most faded blue font that is impossible to see in the daylight. Only then can you slide the Start Trip slide. Tap, slide. Extra steps. Just what we need when we are driving.

The latest update needs to be completely rolled back and they need to start over.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Even though it has automatically notified the passenger, you still have to hit the "Confirm you have arrived" button, which is the most faded blue font that is impossible to see in the daylight. Only then can you slide the Start Trip slide. Tap, slide. Extra steps. Just what we need when we are driving.

The latest update needs to be completely rolled back and they need to start over.
If you are speaking of the slide or push button above the "start trip", I have been hitting that and nothing happens. I am not sure if I have tried turning off the app and then back on as sidewazzz suggested but if I decide to drive today/night to make my pay period a little respectable, I will try it if it comes up.

·
Premium Member
9,813 Posts
Its just like citygirl said. Had no issues today with 4 trips.

Also on another screen page there is a stop watch but it doesn't tell how many min u have arrived. That's on the call screen. So now ...

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Had same issue several times. On android, i use end task for Uber app, then reopen the app and the green bar works again.

So if you did hit "confirm you have arrived" and start trip is gray, go to settings(android phone has a button for it on the left side of the cells case) and end task for Uber app.

Open Uber app again, and Green Begin Trip will be green again, and not grayed out.

Not sure how you would do it on the iphone besides restarting the phone.

Reactions: RockinEZ

·
Registered
247 Posts
I had 4 times where either I was at or very near the location I was picking up the PAX (within 40 yards) and it automatically stated I was "arriving". A few days ago, it stated how long I "arrived" but now nothing and the green start swipe button wasn't on so I had to either have driver cancel and try again or drove them and still need to contact Uber on the issue. This new update is probably the worst of all of them this year. Am I doing something wrong or can it be fixed manually? I lost out on two good surges especially on a Friday when it barely surges in OC. Really pisses me off we are seeing our last fare in the map area that normally tells us what the surge range is, our Trip History no longer shows each individual fare as you now need to actually click on each one and of course not allowing us to hit "arrive" so next option is "start trip".

I also noticed last night that map is flashing every few seconds and either not showing color map or showing it for split second but surge might still be in place. I am over using the rider app this weekend!

Not sure if local or USA or even worldwide problem but the genius beings in SF are really ****ing things up right now including my payments!
You're not doing anything wrong, Uber does not have it fully functional yet. I've had some problems, mostly with getting trips to start. When that Start Trip bar is not green there is no way you can start the trip. You have to do the trip off line with your navigator app and make a note of the start and finish addresses or cross streets. Have the rider cancel the ride ONLY when you get to the destination, then email Uber with the start/finish information so you get credit for the ride. Another thing you can try is to uninstall your Uber app and then reinstall it from the app store, you'll get the latest version. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Had same issue several times. On android, i use end task for Uber app, then reopen the app and the green bar works again.

So if you did hit "confirm you have arrived" and start trip is gray, go to settings(android phone has a button for it on the left side of the cells case) and end task for Uber app.

Open Uber app again, and Green Begin Trip will be green again, and not grayed out.

Not sure how you would do it on the iphone besides restarting the phone.
The only buttons on the left side of my Samsung Android are the up and own volume buttons. I had 17 rides today and it only did it once but I had to do the ride off line using Googlemaps and then email Uber with the coordinates to get credit for the ride. It certainly looks like they rushed this update out without extensive testing and it's making us all look inept to our riders. Hope they get it right soon, I get my Lyft account enabled soon.

·
Registered
247 Posts

I'm not so sure it has "automatically notified" the rider, as they said it would. I have to use that faded blue button every time.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
The buttons are on the bottom, next to.home button that is under the screen.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I have a problem with google maps taking over my phone. I think the app Uber app should reassert control when the driver reaches the drop off section.
Backing out of 3 pages of google map to end a ride hurts the customer with increased cost. Or, or make the little blue arrow to pop back to uber bigger. MUCH BIGGER

Reactions: CityGirl

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a problem with google maps taking over my phone. I think the app Uber app should reassert control when the driver reaches the drop off section.
Backing out of 3 pages of google map to end a ride hurts the customer with increased cost. Or, or make the little blue arrow to pop back to uber bigger. MUCH BIGGER
To fix this, go to the menu by clicking the 3 lines on the top left corner of the screen. Select settings and choose navigation. Select the option to navigate in the Uber app. If you don't have a navigation option in settings, uninstall and reinstall the app. The IOS link is t.uber.com/ios to reinstall.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You're not doing anything wrong, Uber does not have it fully functional yet. I've had some problems, mostly with getting trips to start. When that Start Trip bar is not green there is no way you can start the trip. You have to do the trip off line with your navigator app and make a note of the start and finish addresses or cross streets. Have the rider cancel the ride ONLY when you get to the destination, then email Uber with the start/finish information so you get credit for the ride. Another thing you can try is to uninstall your Uber app and then reinstall it from the app store, you'll get the latest version. Hope it helps.
I did that and it seemed to be accurate. I also tried to turn it off and then back on and that worked. Today, no issues but we shall see what tomorrow brings.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The only buttons on the left side of my Samsung Android are the up and own volume buttons. I had 17 rides today and it only did it once but I had to do the ride off line using Googlemaps and then email Uber with the coordinates to get credit for the ride. It certainly looks like they rushed this update out without extensive testing and it's making us all look inept to our riders. Hope they get it right soon, I get my Lyft account enabled soon.
How about not showing surges except for a few seconds and good luck seeing which areas are yellow or orange!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
im having an issue with the damn auto arrive thinking im 5 min late for the ETA. not getting a no show and CSR attitude that the app works perfectly, and it was me. i was twice 1 min early in fact!!!!!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
To fix this, go to the menu by clicking the 3 lines on the top left corner of the screen. Select settings and choose navigation. Select the option to navigate in the Uber app. If you don't have a navigation option in settings, uninstall and reinstall the app. The IOS link is t.uber.com/ios to reinstall.
I'll look when I'm sitting in my car with the app on.

Thank you...

·
Premium Member
8,038 Posts
Yes I have to close the app then open it again for the slide feature to work.
me too (Android) - about 1 out of 4 rides.
I don't delay starting the ride because I don't want my riders to be inconvenienced - but I let them know what's going on and also let them know know that I'll be driving about a mile after I drop them off before 'ending' the trip so that the mileage and time is accounted for.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts