Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I started with UBER they wanted a registration card. OK, I bought a car to use while driving for them and sent a copy of the registration. It passed and I was granted permission to drive.

I get an email from them saying I have to go get a TNC stamp because it is required in Virginia and that when they applied for it Va. wouldn't grant one because there was no title number on the registration card. Of course there wasn't , when you buy a car from a dealer they issue a registration for the tags and then send all info to DMV who in-turn assigns a title number and sends you a new registration card with it on it. ( Don't you think the blank spot on the registration card I sent a pix of would have let them know it was missing??? ) So, I go to the dealer, they contact DMV, explain the problem and get the title number which I send to UBER. Of course UBER doesn't resend it, they tell me to take care of it on my end, because the second it would take to hit send on their computer is to much work for them.

So, I spend 3 hours in Hampton DMV with number "O2"and never get called to the counter, I go to the counter and ask why and am informed the person that does that is in a meeting!!!!!!!!!!!

So Friday I drive to Poquoson to avoid the lines and of course they don't do them at all so I am sent to Gloucester, which is open and the fastest one around. Of course it is another long drive and another toll, but I am having so much fun doing the work UBER can do with a click of the mouse I keep on trucking.

I get the TNC stamped on a new registration card which I of course have to pay for and I send it to UBER.

Saturday I get an email saying all is good with the world and I am good to go.

I work Sat. Sun. and this morning , then get a email from David saying I need a TNC stamp to operate in Va. I dropped off my rider and turned off the app to walk for a minute as the last fare had been a long drive. I get back in the car turn on UBER amd it informs me my car is invalid.!!!!!!!

Now the conundrum is that I can't work and UBER has no phone number and they don't answer emails. I have sent them a picture of the registration 3 times, so what do I do??? Anyone else having this issue??? Anyone have an idea of what to do???

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
They just sent ANOTHER email from Jorge saying they added the info to my account and I am ready to hit the road. Unfortunately for me, the app still says I am invalid.WTF ?????

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I uninstalled and reinstalled and it started working but with another app. This one has more steps in the process than the one before did and it takes forever to go to navigation. In the last 10 rides it has cancelled the trip when I hit arrived at pick up twice. BUT at least it is working in a fashion. Of course the day after I got it running I got another email telling me I was going to be deactivated because I haven't got the TNC stamp. I sent the canned response that I have saved since I seem to have to send it every day or two and it has seemed to have worked at least no emails in the last couple days. Also this app tends to take me off line when I enter the customers rating , so I have to check to make sure I am not sitting off line. It is a real pain to work with, BUT at least it is working in a fashion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts