Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Get a request to pick a pax, and then realize what the name was. I went and screenshot it to ask my husband what this symbol means. I thought maybe it was for two people, IDK. Then once I picked up they guy I realized that this was his name! I had no way to confirm if I was picking up the right passenger. Anyone else had to deal with this or seen this?

·
Super Moderator
8,675 Posts
Get a request to pick a pax, and then realize what the name was. I went and screenshot it to ask my husband what this symbol means. I thought maybe it was for two people, IDK. Then once I picked up they guy I realized that this was his name! I had no way to confirm if I was picking up the right passenger. Anyone else had to deal with this or seen this?
View attachment 310453
Yes, especially Asian riders do this commonly.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
View attachment 310453
"Bin" according to Google Translate, although the instant translate would not recognize it.

·
Administrator
6,981 Posts
No, but they likely live there!

I've had that happen a few times, and every time it was visiting tourists.
American tourists would never do anything like that when visiting a foreign country. I bet they always familiarize themselves fully with the language of the country they're visiting, and would surely write their names in the characters of the country's language. :rollseyes:

·
Registered
254 Posts
American tourists would never do anything like that when visiting a foreign country. I bet they always familiarize themselves fully with the language of the country they're visiting, and would surely write their names in the characters of the country's language. :rollseyes:
麦克风

That is my name in Chinese, go figure. Took me 2 seconds with Google Translate & would take another 10 seconds to change on the app. So yeah, lots of American tourists would if it's that quick & simple.

Besides, lyft doesn't allow foreign characters & half the names that pop up there are unpronounceable anyway. In the end, the name on the account doesn't even matter, only the destination does.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Reminds me of an episode of Friends.
One of them suggests going to the movies, an Australian film festival. Phoebe says she hates subtitles.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.