Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Don't drive TOWARDS the surge if you're the only driver there. Drive away slowly, giving the pax the impression you're about to leave them with an even longer wait time. Once they see your car going the opposite way, panic sets in and they request the ride. Some pax are smart, you need to outsmart em.

If I'm sitting in a surge zone and see a driver headed towards me, I'll wait until he gets closer so there's a chance surge goes down in that time.

How many times have you seen a 2.7x surge zone turn into a 2.2, or 1.4 request?

And not receiving a ping from the surge zone doesn't necessarily mean a pax was able to successfully request a ride from another driver. They could all be waiting out the surge, like at train stations. Happens all the time. I certainly wouldn't want to pay surge getting to/from work, 5 days a week. And in that time they're all waiting, you get a ping from a non surge area. That's the breaks

·
Registered
238 Posts
Don't drive TOWARDS the surge if you're the only driver there. Drive away slowly, giving the pax the impression you're about to leave them with an even longer wait time. Once they see your car going the opposite way, panic sets in and they request the ride. Some pax are smart, you need to outsmart em.

If I'm sitting in a surge zone and see a driver headed towards me, I'll wait until he gets closer so there's a chance surge goes down in that time.

How many times have you seen a 2.7x surge zone turn into a 2.2, or 1.4 request?

And not receiving a ping from the surge zone doesn't necessarily mean a pax was able to successfully request a ride from another driver. They could all be waiting out the surge, like at train stations. Happens all the time. I certainly wouldn't want to pay surge getting to/from work, 5 days a week. And in that time they're all waiting, you get a ping from a non surge area. That's the breaks
Or don't flip it on until you're in the middle of the zone. That tends to work for me.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Ok fam, so I took that trip I posted above for the team. Obviously in a surge zone, you can see the Orange background. I declined another trip along the way to make sure this was a controlled experiment. Guess what...no surge applied. Contacted support, so we'll see what they say. As of now surge seems to be broken so I'm logging off for tonight. I think others are having the same problem as the surge zone has continued for about an hour. I'm thinking drivers are logging off tonight too.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.