Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend drives Uber in TX and encouraged me to sign up because I recently lost my job, and there was a sign up bonus. So, he gave me his referral code and I signed up. After a couple of weeks he contacted me, again encouraging me to get 20 trips in 30 days to get a $210 bonus. Once I hit the 20 trip mark I got a text from him congratulating me on earning the bonus. I also received an email from Uber congratulating me on hitting the 20 trip mark and surpassing the "guarantee" amount. Upon going back through my emails and contacting support, I now understand that in KCMO there is no actual sign up "bonus". Only a "guarantee" of making $210 within 20 trips. My friend in TX was very upset to hear this as he knows how I was about to use it towards a car payment cuz I'm months behind and I'm trying not to lose it. I realize Uber covered themselves by explaining the "guarantee" in an email, but it seems misleading to use the word "bonus" in any links on the internet. Just wondering if anyone else feels duped by this "incentive" to sign up.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Welcome to the game, just keep this mind, fuber is a fraud, you and other drivers are being pimped out and just as soon as the player finds a easy mark, the game starts...

or in plain english, you got scammed into giving your time and resources to uber to sell at below cost.

#DeleteUber

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the game, just keep this mind, fuber is a fraud, you and other drivers are being pimped out and just as soon as the player finds a easy mark, the game starts...

or in plain english, you got scammed into giving your time and resources to uber to sell at below cost.

#DeleteUber
Really? Look buddy my life has been crap for the past 3 years dealing with cancer. My friend encouraged me to sign up because I'm in financial peril right now. Yeah, I get that I was got. I don't need somebody that's trolling this site just so they can say, "I told you so!". If you have something helpful to say that'd be appreciative. Otherwise go troll somebody who might think you're clever.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Im not trolling, I was also tricked into believing fuber. Im sorry about your problems, just trying to say do feel too bad, many of us have been 'got' by fuber. You have my apology if I offended you, and I do wish you well. Again I apologize if what I posted came across as ' I told you so'.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
No way to guarantee 210 in 20 trips. Hard to guarantee 120 in 20 trips unless you hit all surge.

Crazy the tactics they are using. So how much did you make in 20 trips? I've heard that a new driver gets first dibs on a lot of good trips to kind of lure them in. It isn't a bonus or anything, but it makes you think it will always be like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts