Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,816 Posts
I can not remember if I have tried this on UberX, but I do know that it works for Uber Taxi. I keep the application OFF when I am in the bar areas. I try to avoid them, as it is, but people do want to go there, so I find myself there frequently, if I work those hours. I do only street hails in those areas, so that I can decide who are the potential ralphers and not pick up those people. Funny, a cab driver can refuse to transport you if you are under the proverbial influence.

What I try to do is head for the residential areas. People there still want to get places. You do not have problems trying to wait for someone to come out on a residential street. I get taxi pings in residential areas on weekend nights all the time. While you do get people there who want to go to the gin mills and the clubs, the majority of people that you get there are going to another residential area. Because most of the drivers are working the bars, you have little or no competition in the residential areas.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.