Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody hitting 75 rides and playing it straight?

Not screening rides after accepting the ping, accepting every ping while online, ect...

I'm currently screening all rides. It's just the only way i see myself hitting the 75.

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
My lifetime acceptance rate is close to 100%, I'd say 99.9%

Remember, Uber usually has the destination of the pax before pinging a driver, which means they can control people's trips per hour and average earnings. Its against CPUC regulations to discriminate against the destination of the trip (hahah zero compliance!)

I almost NEVER kick people out, but I kicked out two ladies who wanted to cross the bay bridge in nightmare traffic. It would have taken 2 hours to get them to the other side. I almost did it, but then they gave me this attitude like I was their slave and had to do it. Nope! Sorry ladies. This isn't community service.

I will add that sometimes I take a ping that brings me way out nowhere, and curiously... 9 times out of 10 I end up back in SF (without using destination filter) and pretty close to the trips per hour I need to maintain.

·
Banned
2,272 Posts
You are correct. Every one is being tracked on Heavens View. The good drivers and bad drivers are being watched. More importantly the managers that oversee this have your stats and are familiar with you.

The bad drivers will be judged and will be tossed into hell at some point.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
You are correct. Every one is being tracked on Heavens View. The good drivers and bad drivers are being watched. More importantly the managers that oversee this have your stats and are familiar with you.

The bad drivers will be judged and will be tossed into hell at some point.
Hahaha Watched? By who?

FUBER doesn't even like PAYING for support - they outsource it to India!

Do you really think they'll pay more money to "Watch" us? Lol :eek:

·
Banned
2,272 Posts
Hahaha Watched? By who?

FUBER doesn't even like PAYING for support - they outsource it India!

Not sure why I am replying.

Rebel without a clue.

It used to be called, "Godsview."

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Not sure why I am replying.

Rebel without a clue.

It used to be called, "Godsview."
Was all over the news many times. And people abusing it.

Always cracks me up when people drive around with a tracking device, and think they aren't being tracked.

Oh..and I would have easily hit 75.....had I not started before today.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
like some others said. i play it straight unless its something crazy like going across the bridge during rush hour.

however, ive had a few days ruined by taking a pax over to like walnut creek mid day around noon but over all it has worked out.

with that said i dont aim for trip count. i look at my hourly take. most of the time i am surprized by my trip count and that leads me drive more because im only 15 away from 60 and $220.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Was all over the news many times. And people abusing it.

Always cracks me up when people drive around with a tracking device, and think they aren't being tracked.

Oh..and I would have easily hit 75.....had I not started before today.
Yes, but with so many of us, they probably aren't "looking" at everyone. It's too much to keep track of. But maybe I don't get daily bonuses cuz I'm one of the bad ones who gives em the Nance Reagan line.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
My lifetime acceptance rate is close to 100%, I'd say 99.9%

Remember, Uber usually has the destination of the pax before pinging a driver, which means they can control people's trips per hour and average earnings. Its against CPUC regulations to discriminate against the destination of the trip (hahah zero compliance!)

I almost NEVER kick people out, but I kicked out two ladies who wanted to cross the bay bridge in nightmare traffic. It would have taken 2 hours to get them to the other side. I almost did it, but then they gave me this attitude like I was their slave and had to do it. Nope! Sorry ladies. This isn't community service.

I will add that sometimes I take a ping that brings me way out nowhere, and curiously... 9 times out of 10 I end up back in SF (without using destination filter) and pretty close to the trips per hour I need to maintain.
If you have a link to the rules and regulations by the CPUC that would be awesome. I have not seen anywhere on that site about not being able to turn down rides. The only place I remember reading a law regarding that is the airport, but reading back in the sfo regulations I have not seen it anywhere.

·
Banned
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Is anybody hitting 75 rides playing it straight?

That's all i wanted to know.

Save the cpuc crap for another thread.

Most drivers barely respect gun carrying law enforcement officers. You guys really think anybody is going to be scared of cpuc guy with a clipboard.....

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Is anybody hitting 75 rides playing it straight?

That's all i wanted to know.

Save the cpuc crap for another thread.

Most drivers barely respect gun carrying law enforcement officers. You guys really think anybody is going to be scared of cpuc guy with a clipboard.....
No one, but the newest of new drivers hit the 75 rides by playing it straight.

Look that request is 10 minutes away. Nope not taking it.

Pax wants to go to Sacramento on base rates. Nope not taking it.

No child seat. Nope not taking it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hahaha Watched? By who?

FUBER doesn't even like PAYING for support - they outsource it to India!

What do they need to pay? Tracking is built into the app.... The news reported how pax complained they were being tracked up to 5 min. after being dropped off.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts