Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to be ablessed to upload a copy of Uber's, but their forms went all digital (the inspector said I should be able to download a copy, but I think that's BS- I can't find a link.)

You'd think Lyft would want to PROVE how much they "care more about their drivers" by at least having a way to keep them from having to pay to work for them. Uber even partners with Sprint stores now to make that happen. It's just one more way Lyft proves they care about drivers in words only (hidden fare pings, higher insurance deductible, more restrictive full-time bonus, overall lower fares.)

Still, I feel like I need to be on both platforms for Travis's next asshat move. What/where's the cheapest way to get an inspection (even **************** seems out of date on this one)...?

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies (we all know people here gots jokes. )

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for replying- that's what I did last time, too! Which is why I was sad to report (in my OP) that it's all digital now. They fill out the inspection on a tablet, and it goes straight to a private server. No hardcopy. Wouldn't let me take a photo of the screen. He said all my docs should be downloadable. The used to be, but I see no links for that now (browsing with my phone, anyway.)

·
Registered
668 Posts
doesn't make sense because uber movement has the forms to download and says take to your mechanic

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
You'd think Lyft would want to PROVE how much they "care more about their drivers" by at least having a way to keep them from having to pay to work for them.
Actually, by having drivers get a real inspection IS caring for them. Uber's inspections are a joke. It is basically, do you have five sets of seat belts - Check. Let me walk around your car - ya, it looks like it runs - PASS!

By having a real inspection, Lyft maintains a higher quality of cars than Uber (and safer). This means you are not competing for rides with drivers who have balding tires, broken turn signals, and duct-taped bumpers. $20.00 a year for a real inspection is a drop in the bucket when you consider your over-all cost of driving rideshare ($0.002 per mile for part-time drivers, $0.0008 for full-time).

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Actually, by having drivers get a real inspection IS caring for them. Uber's inspections are a joke. It is basically, do you have five sets of seat belts - Check. Let me walk around your car - ya, it looks like it runs - PASS!

By having a real inspection, Lyft maintains a higher quality of cars than Uber (and safer). This means you are not competing for rides with drivers who have balding tires, broken turn signals, and duct-taped bumpers. $20.00 a year for a real inspection is a drop in the bucket when you consider your over-all cost of driving rideshare ($0.002 per mile for part-time drivers, $0.0008 for full-time).
How does tape on a bumper affect the mechanical state of your vehicle???

·
Registered
170 Posts
The uber inspection document is uploaded but hidden. Just email them stating that you need a copy. They will send you a pic of it. Save it as an image file and upload it to yoir Lyft dashboard.

·
Registered
720 Posts
you can go to your car dealer when you do your oil change, they fill it out free - take a photo and then upload

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes you can download forms to take to pay for your own inspection (and upload them to Uber like the old days), but if you go to a Greenlight hub for a free inspection they perform it on a tablet, and you never even get to see it, let alone photograph it for Lyft.)

Good to hear about the Pep Boys, though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts