Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Tuesday, I went into the Luxor Livery Auto Sales dealership in Queens and put down a down payment for a Lexus ES-350. You just can't make any money on uberX anymore so black seems like the way to go.

They wouldn't show me the car because they said it wasn't on the lot. Totally believable because their lot is so small. They said it was in a warehouse somewhere on Long Island. But they wouldn't do any more on the sale until I agreed to buy it. I agreed that I would put down a down payment and finalize the sale after actually seeing it. They said fine to that.

And they said they'd have the car in on Monday (today) for me to come inspect and purchase if it lived up to their promises.

So last night (Sunday night), they called and left me a message and said the car wouldn't be ready until Friday! Five days later. This alarmed me. Like, why would they need 5 more days? What in the world could they be doing that would take 5 more days?

They said the transporter couldn't get it from the warehouse in Long Island to their showroom in Queens until this coming Friday. I don't understand why it would take a guy in a truck 11 days to get a car from Long Island to Queens. Maybe he's busy with a lot of other pickups... that's possible. But if that's the case, why would they have told me last Tuesday that it would be ready by this Monday if they didn't know how long it would take the transporter to get it here.

I called a friend of mine who has bought several livery cars, (but none from Luxor) and asked him about it. He laughed and said, "Don't worry about it! All dealerships in New York do that. They never have the car on the day they promised and they always give some BS excuse."

That made me feel a little better. But I'm wondering if anyone here has bought (not rented) a car from Luxor and if they actually delivered on the car they promised.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Last Tuesday, I went into the Luxor Livery Auto Sales dealership in Queens and put down a down payment for a Lexus ES-350. You just can't make any money on uberX anymore so black seems like the way to go.

They wouldn't show me the car because they said it wasn't on the lot. Totally believable because their lot is so small. They said it was in a warehouse somewhere on Long Island. But they wouldn't do any more on the sale until I agreed to buy it. I agreed that I would put down a down payment and finalize the sale after actually seeing it. They said fine to that.

And they said they'd have the car in on Monday (today) for me to come inspect and purchase if it lived up to their promises.

So last night (Sunday night), they called and left me a message and said the car wouldn't be ready until Friday! Five days later. This alarmed me. Like, why would they need 5 more days? What in the world could they be doing that would take 5 more days?

They said the transporter couldn't get it from the warehouse in Long Island to their showroom in Queens until this coming Friday. I don't understand why it would take a guy in a truck 11 days to get a car from Long Island to Queens. Maybe he's busy with a lot of other pickups... that's possible. But if that's the case, why would they have told me last Tuesday that it would be ready by this Monday if they didn't know how long it would take the transporter to get it here.

I called a friend of mine who has bought several livery cars, (but none from Luxor) and asked him about it. He laughed and said, "Don't worry about it! All dealerships in New York do that. They never have the car on the day they promised and they always give some BS excuse."

That made me feel a little better. But I'm wondering if anyone here has bought (not rented) a car from Luxor and if they actually delivered on the car they promised.
It's being repaired at your friendly neighborhood chop-shop.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. That's why I'd like to hear from anyone who has bought a car from them.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They gave me the VIN number and I looked it up on Carfax and it was completely clean.

·
Premium Member
4,527 Posts
Did you negotiate the price, year, mileage and etc?
If you weren't completely satisfied with the details and they wouldn't negotiate some things until the deposit was given, you should have walked away.
Get your deposit back and shop at a normal dealership.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, all that was negotiated before giving the deposit and I was satisfied completely with the details. That's not my worry though. My worry is whether or not they're ever going to deliver the car.

·
Registered
34 Posts

Run. Get your deposit back of you can. I bought mine the same as you. Clean carfax everything on a camry. Within 1 week the xar is giving problems. Went to toyota dealership since it came with warranty that it had both front and rear collision damage n it was repaired without insurance involvement.

Luxor as well as tower pretty much buy clean car fax type of cars for a fraction of the price and fix it n sell for full value. You've been warned. Lol

Ps. The dealership didn't touch it since warranty was voided due to the being repaired by 3rd party. Luxor had the car fixed at a 3rd rate garage because of the 60 day warranty they provided (had to force them to do it)

PPS. Took me 3 weeks just to get the title. They kept on making excuses as to where it was. In total it took me 45 days or so to have car tlc ready even though they promise it as 15 days blah blah

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you so much Imran. I had a feeling that might be the case. I appreciate hearing of your personal experience.

·
Registered
640 Posts
First of All ..Sorry for the scarsacm...
But you think you'll make more Money with Fuber by getting a Lexus...Lolz...Omg...
Second of All..You gave somebody a down payment without even seeing or test driving the car itself ...Just Wow....
I'm really sorry brah ...
But I'm not sure what the Bigger Disappointment will be ?
Still making same money as UberX with Lexus or trying to get your Car from Scum like Tower....Good Luck...

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
you do realize most of your trips will be uber x?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No, none of my trips will be Uber x unless I want them to be. I'll have cross dispatch. I've been driving with them since 2013.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
No, none of my trips will be Uber x unless I want them to be. I'll have cross dispatch. I've been driving with them since 2013.
O, OK. Also the new Jan 2017 rule. Won't that hit uber blacks? Many new drivers will join uber black.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
First off good choice on the car secondly this is what my guess is happening, Luxor bought this car at a dealer auction (Yaphank Long Island) and probably getting screwed by a transporter who changed the delivery date because his carrier isn't full to capacity yet. As a NY used car dealer there are laws and very strict regulations in place by NYS Dmv. Nothing to worry just wait and see!!! You will be fine and just in case they try to pull a fast one just remind them you will report them to Dmv dealer services and I assure you they will do right by you. Good Luck.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Uber212 for finally a decent explanation on why the car may have been late. I wish they would have just said that!

Also thanks for the tip on threatening to report to DMV dealer services. That might come in handy.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes, and the tlc process was one reason I thought to buy from them. I wonder if they're any good at it though and if they actually do it faster than you can do it yourself?

1 - 20 of 160 Posts