Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swear there are so many fing people in the Logan lot that my app wouldn't receive the Uber pings correctly. I had back to back requests time out or fail. Rebooted new Samsung Galaxy S8 and then couldn't login to Uber app as I tried logging out then back in. The app didn't login successfully until I was well out of the lot in the Williams tunnel having decided to get out of that hell hole.

·
Registered
9,254 Posts
I swear there are so many fing people in the Logan lot that my app wouldn't receive the Uber pings correctly. I had back to back requests time out or fail. Rebooted new Samsung Galaxy S8 and then couldn't login to Uber app as I tried logging out then back in. The app didn't login successfully until I was well out of the lot in the Williams tunnel having decided to get out of that hell hole.
T Mobile? They have some network issues at that lot.

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
At times I sit in that lot for up to five minutes before it even recognizes me and puts me in a Q. Other times I receive a ping without even the Q showing up. I think the system gets overloaded at times. At one point yesterday it said there is 16 cars in the lot when I pulled in and when the Q came up it was 41 to 50

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've noticed the Q numbers fluctuate greatly as well as well as it taking several minutes to recognize me in the lot. Today was the worst day in terms of trying to get an internet connection in the lot as well as app issues and again two customer request failures after immediately accepting the requests.

T Mobile? They have some network issues at that lot.
No, I use Sprint.

·
Registered
9,254 Posts
It's never been an issue before. What's the issue with Sprint?
Slowest carrier out of the big four with the worst rural coverage.

And t mobile is also having issues at that lot so it's not just sprint. I'm pretty sure that it's network congestion issues, not issues with the Uber app.

Probably the airport queens trying to watch Netflix while waiting hours for the whale they'll never get.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Their coverage in Massachusetts is fine and I have an LTE phone, Samsung Galaxy S8. Rural coverage is a moot point.

The airport queens watching Netflix may have some merit. "Queens" is a good term for them. I question whether some have homes.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I have an S8 on tmobile. Its been an issue since the tnc lot opened. Ive spoken to them several times and they openly admitted that the new constant traffic from tnc drivers has been severely congesting the local routers at the airport, stated they were assigning a troubleshooting team. It obviously hasnt happened yet. I typically have to drive around in a cricle in the lot so it will update more often.

Reactions: BostonTaxiDriver
1 - 10 of 10 Posts