Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Very basic stuff:

Read the forum. Then read some more.

Do not accept POOL.

After arrival at pick up location, wait 5 minutes. If pax is not in your car in 5 minutes, cancel as "no-show" and move on. You will be paid cancellation fee. Do not make intermediate stops where they ask you to wait for long periods (more than 3 minutes is a long time); remember you are paid (mostly) for distance driven.

Do not allow more than 4 pax in your car, unless you are driving a SUV that sits 6.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If in Miami and you see Key Biscayne surging, DO NOT go in there unless you get a ping from there or you are already in there because a ride took you there.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Be aware of your earnings, because 9 X out of 10 they are miscalculated ! You have to screen shot a lot and email them to fix your money several times before they get it right! Give great customer service, buckle up and enjoy the rides!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yes, the ping will tell you the type of request and the estimated time to drive there. Oh, and don't be fooled by thinking that you accept the ride by touching inside the circle - your entire screen is active. I've accidentally accepted a few POOL rides by touching the side of the screen by accident.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
how do i know the ping that uber is sending is a pool? does it says pool?
Karla, remember tip is not included... If a Pax offers a tip don't use the Uber "it's not necessary" line, accept the tip gracefully.
-I'll suggest you read up here on tips on how to rate riders too, they're paying for a cheap service and they know it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Don't take every uberX request that comes in, any request beyond 5 minutes you will be in the loosing end if the uberX ride turns out to be a Minimum Fare or just $2.48 for you. Also, be aware that the request might say is 5 minutes away but it could be more depending on the time of day, due to traffic so add a couple of minutes. And remember you break even if the pick-up is 5 minutes away or less if it turns out to be Min Fare.

Take your time before you hit or touch that screen, look at the pickup address, the riders rating, and the type uberX or POOL; you got 15 seconds use every bit of it before you make the decision. And if after you decide is good but when it comes up the reality is another; your navigation tells you is going to take 10 minutes or 15 to pick-up just go and Cancel -> Rider No Charge. If you don't want to end loosing money. Keep in mind where you are when a request comes in; if you're near a highway/interstate what appears to be a short time turns out to be a long distance since you can cover lots of miles with the nearby highway/interstate faster.

Don't get discourage about short rides, as long as you get request after request (it is busy) you will make better margins than a long ride that take you to a non-busy area and you have to drive all the way to a busy area to get another request (this is specially true very late at night). Avoid rush hour traffic if at all possible, sitting in traffic is costing you more than what you're making. A lot of drivers like the airports but be aware of the FIFO waiting time if it is too long, you better off picking up pax somewhere else. Don't move around trying to get pax, be patience and wait 10-15 minutes near your last drop-off for the next request. If possible, get into a fast food, go to the restroom, have a $1 drink/coffee to avoid sitting in an idling car to have the AC on.

A word about POOL if you ever decide to do it; is more work for you without any additional gain. The only winning situation of POOL over X is when the fare is Min Fare; you will get $3.22 instead of $2.48. But already most Riders have figure this out and save their $1.00 and request X; so there is a high probability the POOL won't be Min Fare. If you do the airport, please note that if you pass on a POOL request you will start FIFO wait time all over.

And yes, the previous tip by miauber1x831 is the best, quit before you start.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I don't know about anyone else, but I've found that airports are a complete crapshoot. I've dropped someone off and immediately received my next ride request. But I've also sat in the queue for at least twice as long as the app predicted, including waiting 30 minutes in the 0-10 minutes interval. And there is nothing worse than waiting 45 minutes in the queue and getting a ride request for a hotel 4-5 miles from the airport. That happened to me 3 times in a row, so I've given up on waiting in the queue.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thank you all for the tips, really appreciated. about the airport is crazy I have been many times there and i haven't been able to get a ping yeat maybe there is a trick. today i was there and the sheriff car came and i left wasn't worth it.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Uberpool 3.00 all weekend in south fla! I have to say my car will be my new home! Can't live with these falling prices! When gas is almost 3.00 a gallon!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 59 Posts