Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I completely spaced on my earnings from LYFT. I submitted my taxes and now i've got to ammend them. I did them on my own because i've always done it like that, but i'd like some help filing the ammended return because i kept track of my miles with stride ride and want to see what else i can write off. Cell phone bill a write off? I didn't keep track of fuel expenses nor car washes or anything else. Oil change count as write off? I need help! Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Finished my taxes 3 days ago. U can either do standard mileage deduction of 53.4 or u can claim gas, maintain, food, etc. you can either do one or the other. However if u use 53.4 u can deduct a few more things.

Yes u can deduct your cell bill. Mine was, is $80 a month so I claimed that. U can also claim Lyft and Uber's commission and fees as well. I deducted about $1800 in commissions from Lyft and another $585 from uber

I suggest using turbo tax deluxe in the future. It took me step by step of what to do and what I could claim or not once I submitted my 1099 information.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts