Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need suggestions progressive is trying to charge me $3700 per year. No accidents or tickets on my record.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I need suggestions progressive is trying to charge me $3700 per year. No accidents or tickets on my record.
They must have been mixed up with their commercial liability insurance because that's about how much it is....and to think Atlanta is one of the cheaper cities in regards to insurance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As far as I know, only GEICO and Farmers have a Rideshare rider for Georgia. Someone else on here had stated that they thought Allstate offers it now as well.
I think I may have to go with farmers... still about $2000 for the year. Geico says my car seats to many people so they can't cover it. Allstate wants almost 500 upfront plus a second line of business for them to extend the insurance.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I got signed up with Geico last week after realizing that my Progressive policy was not going to cover me if anything happened. I called Progressive to inquire whether they have an option for ridesharing and they said no, that even their commercial insurance would not cover me for ridesharing. Then a few days later (after simply inquiring), as UberHoax said, I received a letter stating that since I use the Tahoe for ridesharing, they are not going to renew when the policy comes up for renewal. I called them and told them I was just inquiring at this point, and they removed the non-renewal from my account.
I immediately got quotes from Allstate, Farmers, and Geico. I went with Geico for about $1,800 per year. The other two were about $300-$500 more than that.

Geico says my car seats to many people so they can't cover it.
That's strange. Geico didn't say anything like that to me about my 8-passenger Tahoe. How many passengers does your vehicle accommodate?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts