Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As far as I know, only GEICO and Farmers have a Rideshare rider for Georgia. Someone else on here had stated that they thought Allstate offers it now as well.
I think I may have to go with farmers... still about $2000 for the year. Geico says my car seats to many people so they can't cover it. Allstate wants almost 500 upfront plus a second line of business for them to extend the insurance.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda3 GT Manual
109 Posts
I got signed up with Geico last week after realizing that my Progressive policy was not going to cover me if anything happened. I called Progressive to inquire whether they have an option for ridesharing and they said no, that even their commercial insurance would not cover me for ridesharing. Then a few days later (after simply inquiring), as UberHoax said, I received a letter stating that since I use the Tahoe for ridesharing, they are not going to renew when the policy comes up for renewal. I called them and told them I was just inquiring at this point, and they removed the non-renewal from my account.
I immediately got quotes from Allstate, Farmers, and Geico. I went with Geico for about $1,800 per year. The other two were about $300-$500 more than that.

Geico says my car seats to many people so they can't cover it.
That's strange. Geico didn't say anything like that to me about my 8-passenger Tahoe. How many passengers does your vehicle accommodate?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.