Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ive been Ubering for 3 months now....twice a week, to the gym from work. I use the feature of the App that allows you to put s destination and get riders towards there. Almost always works out!

I drive a Tesls Model S and riders are always happy and curious. We usually discuss tesla and the car along the way, and folks always have lots and lots of questions. Also, as I mentioned in another thread, my tip rate is now around 60% of the rides! Usu as ll between $8 and $12. Love it. Oh and my rating is still 5.0 which I appreciate greatly.

So, any other Tesla drivers here? What's been your experience?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Tesla is now driven by the wife. Prius is all that pax deserve, so I bought a used 2010. I had a Model x P90d and when I knew it was going back I would do x rides in it. People just about shit their pants when the gull wing doors would open. Current Tesla is p85d model s, 2014. It was just rear ended and estimated cost to repair is up to $40k. Good times.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Any markets where the model 3 is Select eligible? All I’ve seen is it’s on Lux / Lyft but only Uber X....due to middle seat being small.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why would a model3 be classified as a lux? It's a $35K enconobox like a Bolt.
Lolol
That's cause you likely haven't yet driven the model 3. Hence your comparison of it to the bolt. I've owned the model 3 too, and I've also yest driven the bolt not at all comparable. The model 3 is much nicer in every single aspect. Now, model 3 compared to my Model S is obviously not a lux....but that's to be expected of course.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
I test drove a P85D, which I liked, haven't driven a 3, on paper it seems too small for premium service.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I test drove a P85D, which I liked, haven't driven a 3, on paper it seems too small for premium service.
Yeah I actually agree with you. Sold mine because it was smaller than what we needed as a second car. We have 3 young kids and couldn't fit 3 car seats in the model 3 like we can in my model S.
Compared to someone considering between a $50k bmw 3 series and a $50k tesla model 3, I would take the model 3 any day of the week. The handling is awesome...the AP is great...the futuristic and minimalist feel is exactly what I like. But again, if I had the choice, I'd take the model S over all of those.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Lux / Select is not necessarily high class premium. Just a “nicer” car. As of
Now Uber I’ve read does not classify model 3 on select

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lux / Select is not necessarily high class premium. Just a "nicer" car. As of
Now Uber I've read does not classify model 3 on select
Can you explain? Didnt know there were different classes of uber? Should I do anything to get into a different class? I think I'm at the base...

·
Premium Member
2,754 Posts
Ive been Ubering for 3 months now....twice a week, to the gym from work. I use the feature of the App that allows you to put s destination and get riders towards there. Almost always works out!

I drive a Tesls Model S and riders are always happy and curious. We usually discuss tesla and the car along the way, and folks always have lots and lots of questions. Also, as I mentioned in another thread, my tip rate is now around 60% of the rides! Usu as ll between $8 and $12. Love it. Oh and my rating is still 5.0 which I appreciate greatly.

So, any other Tesla drivers here? What's been your experience?
Sorry, I drive an M3.

Yeah I actually agree with you. Sold mine because it was smaller than what we needed as a second car. We have 3 young kids and couldn't fit 3 car seats in the model 3 like we can in my model S.
Compared to someone considering between a $50k bmw 3 series and a $50k tesla model 3, I would take the model 3 any day of the week. The handling is awesome...the AP is great...the futuristic and minimalist feel is exactly what I like. But again, if I had the choice, I'd take the model S over all of those.
Until you hit 300 miles and there is no place to recharge.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Traded the 2009 M3 Convertible, V8 for the 2014 Tesla S. BMW was a beautiful car, woke up angry and had a fantastic exhaust note. However, the repair bills made that car expensive to drive, fun, but expensive.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts