Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Do you think GoCatch is working out in sydney compare to UBER.
I havent driven for them yet. I dont think they have anywhere near as many drivers nor are they as well known so probably less demand. Time will tell whether they become as popular here as Uber. In my (admittedly small sample size) group of friends, everyone uses Uber and no one has yet used go catch

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Hi,

Any one know any other ride sharing operator in Sydney. I am interested to join as UBER becoming non profit organisation and I am not in position to volunteer in charity work.
7046, it does appear that with more full time drivers than the market can support, there should be a natural thining of the uber ranks.
The best fit for me, and I do repeat, this is only for me....
Get as good a day time job as you can get.
Drive destination uber to & from work on a daily basis as well as any additional times that you and your family or situation are happy with.
In my case, this adds approx $2k to the monthly kitty. Of course I know there are expenses, GST etc, but if I can increase my annual take by $15k or so, I'm only in front.
I'm glad that uber is not my sole income source.

·
Registered
779 Posts
buddy - I ain't the one asking about some other company on the uber forums.
Go cry and whinge about your lack of pay on their forums. Seems to be the theme of all your posts
This isn't an Uber-only forum. There are even categories on this site for lyft. Why be so hostile? He is only asking a question and it's a good, relevant one.

·
Super Moderator
16,006 Posts
No comment...Use your common sense.
Go cry and whinge about your lack of pay on their forums. Seems to be the theme of all your posts
This isn't an Uber only forum. All members are free to ask about any RIDESHARE* service.

Reactions: subyuber

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Thank you... for the info
Just noticed Observer that you're in Long Beach, so I suppose I'm surprised as you're a long way from home...
Google, yes, it is one of the global organisations that's reached all the way here..

That may have been 50% request for info and 50% humour re " any service"

·
Super Moderator
16,006 Posts
Thank you... for the info
Just noticed Observer that you're in Long Beach, so I suppose I'm surprised as you're a long way from home...
Google, yes, it is one of the global organisations that's reached all the way here..

That may have been 50% request for info and 50% humour re " any service"
Lol, I realized it was a play on service and you have Google. I was just playing along.:)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Gocatch will never work...simply because of uber nor any other shareriding network.
Uber has been here for a long time and with its distinctive name, it has embeded in peoples head.
Unless they come up with something spectacular uber will always dominate.
PS. It almost feels like apple brand in shareriding industry.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have a friend who alternates between GoCatch and Uber. On some days, he's getting 50/50 split requests between both services.
CBD only and during the afternoon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You will remember this post after 1st july when UBER has planned to drop rates min $6 for SYDNEY due to their GST liability. I will see by then as UBER is not the only income for me and will see this whinge at the time. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts