Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any other ants in DFW are driving all electric? I personally drive a 2014 Nissan Leaf and I live downtown Ft Worth. I get a lot of short slow rides so it works well for me. I get a lot of PAX that have never ridden in an all electric before and are fascinated by it.

·
Premium Member
4,471 Posts
I’m pretty much in the opposite spectrum when it comes to fuel mileage. :roflmao:

With full electric thing my main worry would be the range, but good if it works for you. Hope the pax are fascinated enough to tip you, too. :thumbup:

·
Registered
478 Posts
The max I've ever driven in one shift is 200 miles... I would think the Leaf could easily do some 4-5 hr shifts no problem.

Seeing how fascinated people are by my hybrid "Is this electric" C-Max, I'm sure they're totally captivated by the Leaf.

I had a driver pick me up in one in Birmingham, AL once. The rider app had all these unique graphics on it to alert me that my driver was using an all electric vehicle. That was the only oddity as a rider that was immediately apparent, other than knowing I needed to look for a Leaf.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm pretty much in the opposite spectrum when it comes to fuel mileage. :roflmao:

With full electric thing my main worry would be the range, but good if it works for you. Hope the pax are fascinated enough to tip you, too. :thumbup:
The PAX that do ask me about the car do almost always tip. I actually had a PAX from Oncor that works in a group that is setting up quick charge station. Interesting guy although he admitted that he only drove ICE cars due to range anxiety. I can run around Fort Worth for 4 to 5 hours doing city driving but long highway drives kill my range. If I get a long ride and I don't have enough juice I will tell the PAX that we will need to stop to charge half way. Half the time they are ok with me stopping and letting me charge up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.