Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the latest uber driver assault fiasco that happened in D.C., I'm going to start using my voice recorder that I I used for lectures during school. It may not be visual but if the pax were to initiate anything, it will at least record their intentions, and as long as you remain neutral, your butt is safe.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
423 Posts
I use a forward and rear facing camera. Most people think it's a radar detector. Bought it on Amazon as an out of box special. Was 50% off. Not so worried about personal safety but want evidence on tape in case of an accident.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Be sure to check your state laws. In MN it's legal to record video with out notice. But NOT audio. Now granted, if the shit it's the fan in the car with a pax, IDC if it's an "illegal recording" and I'll take that charge over a BS sexual assault or rape charge any day. I cover my bases with a sticker that says "Audio and video recording for passenger safety" I have a dash cam facing forward for dumbass drivers, and a cell phone that catches some of me and ALL of the passenger seats.. It also has a fairly good view out of the rear window.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I use a forward and rear facing camera. Most people think it's a radar detector. Bought it on Amazon as an out of box special. Was 50% off. Not so worried about personal safety but want evidence on tape in case of an accident.
Model?

·
Registered
602 Posts
With the latest uber driver assault fiasco that happened in D.C., I'm going to start using my voice recorder that I I used for lectures during school. It may not be visual but if the pax were to initiate anything, it will at least record their intentions, and as long as you remain neutral, your butt is safe.

Thoughts?
A cheap dash cam is the more preferred thought on this subject. Isn't it an eye opener for you to even have to consider some thing like this ? The cheaper than bus fare Uber rates are attracting a low class of riders. Is it really worth the risk to drive for Uber, a company that really doesn't give a shit about you and a wage that dam near costs you as much to do it as Screwbre allows you make? The only explanation I can see is your of the "It would never happen to me" school of thought and your haven't taken the time to actually sit down and do the
Screwbre math.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts