Uber Drivers Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I see Uber pays X in Tucson at .75 base, .75 per mile, and .10 per minute. Why would you want to come up here for a pay cut?
im making $200 per day before gas when i ant 12 hours a day, most of the time im only getting on average 2 rides per hour of decent trip length, i.e. 5 miles or more. There is no freeway in town, to go from the east to the west side, it will take at least 30 minutes during the afternoon rush hour to go 12 miles, that will net me $10 for the trip, which is bullshit. phx per mile is not that much lower, obviously you would make more money given higher ride volume

Reactions: backstreets-trans

·
Premium Member
4,951 Posts
What's your gross earnings per mile driven? (all miles)

Uber X here pays .5467/mile outside of the city core areas of OTS/DT PHX/ASU, and .1147/minute. Rides take you everywhere, so you'll see a lot of these rates
Core areas pay .6379 and .1338. Have fun in OTS and ASU.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
What's your gross earnings per mile driven? (all miles)

Uber X here pays .5467/mile outside of the city core areas of OTS/DT PHX/ASU, and .1147/minute. Rides take you everywhere, so you'll see a lot of these rates
Core areas pay .6379 and .1338. Have fun in OTS and ASU.
how much are you making on a weekly basis?

driving around the UofA is more than enough for me to know I should avoid OTS and ASU because of those garbage college students wasting all of their daddy and mummy's money drinking and dining 4 times a week instead of studying. i would rather drive ghetto than these clowns

Reactions: 25rides7daysaweek

·
Premium Member
4,951 Posts
Sorry, I don't post earnings, generally. Lots of other drivers do plenty of that... And every week and every day is different. Right now, things are a bit slower around here.

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
how much are you making on a weekly basis?

driving around the UofA is more than enough for me to know I should avoid OTS and ASU because of those garbage college students wasting all of their daddy and mummy's money drinking and dining 4 times a week instead of studying. i would rather drive ghetto than these clowns
If its streak, or quest...UA rides are totally worth it because these are mostly ultra short (like dorm to frat house) rides, 3- or 6 min, but then factoring in that most will run down the clock to min 5 and beyond..and of course tipping is out of the question (even though the rides are on daddy's credit card which he never checks).

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
Well I drove the grave yard shifts for 3 nights during the week and it sucked. Every call was 9-25 minutes away while only going 4 or 5 miles. Averaging less then 20/hr. I had a 2 ride for $18 promo from 10-11 pm. Those hours I'd get 2 minimum rides and make $25. Rejected call after call because it was too far away but still couldn't get any momentum.

Today I went out at 5 am and worked till 7 pm. Booked $409 giving 27 rides and only used $50 in gas. I had the $18 2 ride promo from 6-7 am and 2-6 pm. Hit 6 of those for $108 plus $54 in tips.

Conclusion: Day driving is more profitable and easier to hit the promos. Seems to be more rides of longer length and the chase distances are a lot less with more drivers on the road. Traffic is a ***** but knowing the backstreets help.

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
Well I drove the grave yard shifts for 3 nights during the week and it sucked. Every call was 9-25 minutes away while only going 4 or 5 miles. Averaging less then 20/hr. I had a 2 ride for $18 promo from 10-11 pm. Those hours I'd get 2 minimum rides and make $25. Rejected call after call because it was too far away but still couldn't get any momentum.

Today I went out at 5 am and worked till 7 pm. Booked $409 giving 27 rides and only used $50 in gas. I had the $18 2 ride promo from 6-7 am and 2-6 pm. Hit 6 of those for $108 plus $54 in tips.

Conclusion: Day driving is more profitable and easier to hit the promos. Seems to be more rides of longer length and the chase distances are a lot less with more drivers on the road. Traffic is a * but knowing the backstreets help.
I'd grind the graveyard shift for those streaks, bonuses, etc., but if that's NOT on offer, than its not worth it...being paid base fare to take on higher risk/drama rides doesn't make financial sense to me, though I'm sure their are plenty of ants who are between a financial rock and hard place so HAVE TO do it.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·

Conclusion: Day driving is more profitable and easier to hit the promos. Seems to be more rides of longer length and the chase distances are a lot less with more drivers on the road. Traffic is a * but knowing the backstreets help.
That's awesome, looks like phoenix really has all that big bux in it. To drive the same amount of hours in Tucson, I would be hard-pressed to even break $200 driving at base. Nite time is only good when there is no traffic and good streak bonus though

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
I primarily drive overnights through the week. In my experience it's a good time to get in rides toward your Monday to Friday Quests. My passengers tend to be 3rd shift workers otw to work, people who clock out between 11 and 3, and people catching early am flights. Keep in mind I purposely take a break from 1-3am thus avoiding bar-close drunks. I only mess with Lyft when they do Bonus Streaks, and many times I balk at them. You haven't lived until you've pulled up to a hood complex at midnight or so and a broad with 2-3 little ones is waiting to go to the 7 Eleven, which, as you admonish them about having car seats(they NEVER have them wtf is up with that? 🤷🏿‍♀️is always "just around the corner."
Hell Naw!🤬

21 - 32 of 32 Posts