Uber Drivers Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've seen a lot of threads on here about panic buttons and are curious to hear what you all think of our approach.

The problem here is that Uber/Lyft (mainly Uber) have made some improvements for driver safety, but not enough. Last week's Uber release allows you to call 911 from the app with a couple taps, but (1) you have to drive, manage the passenger which may be tough, and now also talk to dispatch, and (2) the passenger now knows you called 911. We don't think that puts drivers in a great spot.

We think we have a novel approach because:

(a) we offer a physical button you can put anywhere (for example, hidden behind the steering wheel), and
(b) our software automates the call completely, so you don't have to talk to 911 dispatch and your passengers won't know.

This includes constantly communicating your location to 911 as it changes, telling 911 your name, year/make/model/license plate, and letting the 911 dispatch listen in on the car to hear what's going on and respond appropriately.

This product is a small, battery-powered physical button + a mobile app.

We want to see what kind of interest there is and get your brutally honest feedback. Would you sign up for this?

·
Registered
15,008 Posts
I wouldn't.
But I'm sure some might be interested.

Yet you excluded the most important part.
What's the price?

Even for those that find this useful, it still comes down to the money.

I wouldn't.
But I'm sure some might be interested.

Yet you excluded the most important part.
What's the price?

I'll also add that I have hum from Verizon.
Is your product similar?

I didn't get hum for the panic button, but I know it's there. I've even pressed it a few times on accident and gotten a fast response.

·
Administrator
6,719 Posts
I'm thinking about just getting one if those "I've fallen and I can't get up" devices, wear it around my neck so if I need to flee without my phone or car I can still push the button.

Not really, but that's what I would want if I was to get something. Something wearable, not attached to my ride. Better chance of someone finding my body if it's attached.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What's the price?

We're still early enough that we can be flexible on price, but thinking between $5-20/month.

I'll also add that I have hum from Verizon.
Is your product similar?

I didn't get hum for the panic button, but I know it's there. I've even pressed it a few times on accident and gotten a fast response.
More focused purely on safety than analytics + other services and more automated than Hum. We're starting with emergency response triggered by a button, but also interested in crash detection and roadside assistance.

Not really, but that's what I would want if I was to get something. Something wearable, not attached to my ride. Better chance of someone finding my body if it's attached.
Do you think you'd press the button right before fleeing your car? Or get all mixed up and space on pressing it?

·
Administrator
6,719 Posts
Do you think you'd press the button right before fleeing your car? Or get all mixed up and space on pressing it?
That's a good question. I think I would probably be focused on removing myself from the situation. I've never been in a situation where I needed a panic button so I honestly don't know how I'd react.

Reactions: Cableguynoe

·
Registered
15,008 Posts
I'm thinking about just getting one if those "I've fallen and I can't get up" devices, wear it around my neck so if I need to flee without my phone or car I can still push the button.

Ok so maybe these guys design the physical button for the car but also design the app with a one touch button for your smart watch.
There's your wearable button ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you're interested, you can get early access when our beta is liv
Ok so maybe these guys design the physical button for the car but also design the app with a one touch button for your smart watch.
There's your wearable button ;)
A smartwatch app is definitely on our roadmap. :)

·
Premium Member
11,398 Posts
We're still early enough that we can be flexible on price, but thinking between $5-20/month.
I'd rather get beaten, stabbed and shot lol

I've been torturing xm/Sirius reps for months and I think i have been walking away from $2-$3/ month lol

And I actually would use the radio a lot

Reactions: Ezridax
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.