Uber Drivers Forum banner

Any locations in LA that will get me back to OC?

3K views 36 replies 24 participants last post by  ocbob2 
#1 · (Edited)
So this has been happening to me at least once a week.

I get a ride from OC taking me smack dab in the middle of LA. I try and take some rides for the next two or three hours trying to get back home (before 2pm), but it seems to only consist of people doing grocery shopping and taking them 5 miles down the road. Really annoying.

I always have to dead mile it back home.

Any suggestions where I can go to get the best chance coming back to the OC?

I was thinking LAX, but it is pack full of drivers. Knowing my luck, the passenger will take me to Burbank. lol

I drive from the hours of 4am - 12pm. I usually get into LA around 9am or 10am.

#10 ·
Sunday morning I was parked just north of your abode on Barrington Place ang I get pinged.

Black car......almost cancelled the guy as I figured he was going to Cabo Cantina or somewhere on San Vicente....I pick him up...never know.....flip the trip....Pelican Hill Resort, Newport. Went to Laguna....got pinged to John Wayne....cruised through HB to Long Beach.....got pinged to Pasadena.....

The stars aligned.

Can't count on it.

#9 ·
I think I need to start communicating with my riders more. Maybe I can arrange to pick them up after work as long they like me.

Kind of sucks though , since they are shift workers. 12 hrs in la? The surges are good , but ill be pooped when they get off.

#14 ·
Mike! Thanks for that tip. I might have to sign up for Lyft for that. Will the lyft app work if the phone I use for it doesn't have cell service but has hotspot WiFi connected to my primary phone? I'm using android now but have a spare iPhone 5

#15 ·
You can use your same phone you run for UBER and run both APPs. You can actually run them simultaneously (but if you get a ride on one turn off the other) but of course if you want to get home don't run UBER at all.

As for your hot spot question, I don't know the answer to that but you can put the UBER APP on that phone and it UBER runs on it so will LYFT.

#18 ·
My second night ever working I got a ride from Buena park up to la. I got along with the passengers and they said they'll call me when theyre done if im still in the area they want me to pick em up. Got a ping that took me up to dodger stadium just as the game ended. Next ride took me right to downey, 12 mile drive home if I wanted but got another ping from lakewood to cypress with some girls I went to high school with. Took me 2 blocks from my house and they tipped me 10 bucks. Im sure its not always that easy.

#33 · (Edited)
It could be worse. I started in LBC yesterday morning, and worked my way up to LA. Then I picked up a kid at CSU-LA who was going all the way to Upland. A great ride, but then I was dead in the water in San Bernardino County. I have no idea where the hot spots are over there, so I started to head home. Picked up a ping or two in Pomona, but otherwise it was an hour long deadhead back to the LBC, which was disappointing because the per-mile rate is actually decent in San Bernardino County.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.