Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I got my new iPhone 8 a week ago, the GPS does not work. I have tried everything, i even went to the Apple store and had the replace it with a new phone - same problem.

Apple has refused to acknowledge it but my GPS does in and out in every app I use. Apple maps, google maps, waze, and uber driver.

Does anyone else have the same issue?

Are there any iPhone 8 users here who don't have any issues at all?

FWIW, I had an iPhone 6 for 3 years and never had any of these types of problems.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
All I see using google is that some users are having GPS accuracy issues.

A growing thread on the Apple community support forums suggests that users are having some difficulties with GPS accuracy mostly on the iPhone 8 and iPhone X -but a software fix appears to be included for most in the most recent beta of iOS 11.2.

This might fix your issues:
In iPhone settings, if the function - Location Services is not enabled, GPS cannot work neither. To enable it, go to Setting > Privacy > Location Service > Toggle it on.

https://www.imobie.com/support/iphone-gps-not-working.htm

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Driving with an iPhone 8 is not the best idea.
A ex-cab driver clued me in.
No watch
No wedding ring.
Use a $200 Android
Only carry $19 in change in the rare event someone wants to tip and needs change for a $20.

Some of our passengers are not real smart.
An iPhone 8 looks like a free $100 to support the habit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Since I got my new iPhone 8 a week ago, the GPS does not work. I have tried everything, i even went to the Apple store and had the replace it with a new phone - same problem.

Apple has refused to acknowledge it but my
I have been using an iPhone 8+ since last September with no GPS issues. Now, of course, the GPS will wonk out under the arrivals section of PHL airport, and the convention center downtown, but that is common in every phone. Have you noticed if your cell reception also fades at the same time?

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
unfortunately i smashed my samsung 7 edge and since iphones were buy one get one free and my daughter had been begging for an upgrade, I was forced into an iphone 8. It has much better connection than the samsung. I get a lot more pings! I'm with sprint. Unlimited data too.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
A lot more pings. Lol. Theres literally zero veracity to that claim.

But if you are on an iphone and on sprint. Congrats. You now cant call and use data at same time. And calling plus is only available on select droids.

Tale a selfie when you try to use data on a call!!!

It may help returning it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts