Uber Drivers Forum banner

Any female drivers in the midstate

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  mr_sarcastic 
#1 ·
I am thinking of driving for Uber. I am in my late 40's. Married Emptynester. I have reduced my hours as a nurse to take care of my grandson 3 days a week after a rocky start in the NICU. I am thinking of driving after 4pm and on the weekends. I can drive days when my daughter is off work.

A few questions:

1. Can my husband ride along?

2. Are there other female drivers in Warner Robins/Macon?

3. Any thoughts as to why I shouldn't do this?

Thanks

#3 ·
1. Can my husband ride along?
No. Besides, what would be the point of him coming along? If he's going to be there the whole time, he might as well be the one doing the driving, while you do something else, right?

3. Any thoughts as to why I shouldn't do this?
Spend some time reading this website for a couple of weeks and you'll come across lots of reasons why people who are already doing it don't recommend it. Some people have reasons why it happens to work for them and their circumstances, but it's definitely not for everyone.

#4 ·
The pay per mile is too low is the main reason. Maintenance and repairs will happen more frequently, so save money for that.

It is fun and easy, but if you are not good with budgets and savings... This can make financial things worse real quick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.