Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wandering what was downtown Wilmington like during the day evenings .. wknds ... on U/L ...
There's no City listing for it on the Forum here and I'm sure there's a network of drivers there of some sort
I tried Wilmington a few months back ... on a Sunday morning , but this was when unbeknownst to me there was a lot of marathons being run that month on the weekends & a lot of roads closed off or detoured ... surely not worth the headache . But ... I was able to get a local X within Wilm.... then another X to Elsmere ... I do see a market down there for U/L especially on the weekends in the downtown district ...
I was thinking of giving it another go .... just wanted any feedback . I have parked near the train station as well ...

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Delaware has 4 areas to drive:
1) Wilmington/New Castle..small city and no major airport. You have the train station and the minor league ballpark.
2) Newark..College town and you will get a lot of short trips
3) Dover..The State Capital and typically 7-10 Ubers working all the time... not great
4) The beach towns ... very active from May-September especially on the weekends.

I do very well at the beach. Dover is just a terrible spot. I worked Firefly and it was very disappointing. Wilmington and Newark is over an hour out and I have not heard any good things accept Newark is quite busy on the weekends.

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
Delaware has 4 areas to drive:
1) Wilmington/New Castle..small city and no major airport. You have the train station and the minor league ballpark.
2) Newark..College town and you will get a lot of short trips
3) Dover..The State Capital and typically 7-10 Ubers working all the time... not great
4) The beach towns ... very active from May-September especially on the weekends.

I do very well at the beach. Dover is just a terrible spot. I worked Firefly and it was very disappointing. Wilmington and Newark is over an hour out and I have not heard any good things accept Newark is quite busy on the weekends.
Joe

Have you had any luck around the concord mall or christiana mall areas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts