Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car had a little accident out of commission for a week or so driving. Should I do Eats with my other car?

·
Registered
1 Posts
From what I read a lot of drivers don't like it. Grubhub seems ok though if you want to try that, or hit up some restaurants in federal hill. I used to work at the homesycle and on average working a double shift on sunday I would make $200 in tips plus $7.00/hour. That was back in 2013 and federal hill has even more people living there and ordering out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I stop driving for Uber Eats last month or so. No the money is not worth it. Most of the restaurants are in the federal hill, Canton location. It's minimal pay , with no Tips from customers, and then they expect you to bring the food to the door. No way. It's not worth the gas. At least that's my experience.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Doing Uber Eats And Postmates while my car gets work done this week. Not worth it!!! Pain in the butt. Orders not right. Waiting on food. No tips. Blah Blah Blah.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I had my share of Ubereats, You might get a tip once in a blue moon and I agree every restaurant is in the fed. Hill/ Canton areas, I Drive for grubhub once in a while and the tips are pretty good and they guarantee you a hourly rate if it's slow and you don't get any deliveries. Postmates in my experience is not too good because I rarely got tips and they want you to drive too many miles for a delivery and the so called blitz pricing after 12:00 am is a joke because it's never really busy.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Rates for uberEats are getting slashed on March 1, according to an email from uber today.

Current rates:
$4.00 per pick-up
$1.30 per mile
$1.50 per drop-off

https://www.uber.com/drive/baltimore/resources/delivery/

New Rates:
$3.00 per pick-up
$1.00 per mile
$1.50 per drop-off

Uber is calling this "improvements to your delivery fares"

I hope this is a mistake. That's not an an improvement and the rates being broken down by pick up, drop off and per mile doesn't present a change or improvement the way they describe it. They've always done that, to my knowledge.

Did anyone else get the email?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did receive same email. Cannot make $ at old rates let alone the new one. Uber Eats is not worth the effort.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
At those new rates, eat their food.
Uber still owe me for two boost fares so if I ever do Ubereats again that's exactly what I'm going to do, Pick up a order and eat it....payback s a *****...lol.

I stop driving for Uber Eats last month or so. No the money is not worth it. Most of the restaurants are in the federal hill, Canton location. It's minimal pay , with no Tips from customers, and then they expect you to bring the food to the door. No way. It's not worth the gas. At least that's my experience.
I did my share of Ubereats and it wasn't worth it then and with the new pay structure ots definitely not worth it now, They want door to door service but don't want to tip...The hell with Ubereats.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I never looked once into delivering food as I thought:

1) food would not be right and 2nd trip needed

2) food would be right, customer claims I tampered with it and 2nd trip needed

3) I have to find a parking spot, get out of my car to deliver it to their door.

NOPE. NADA. NO CAN DO.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.