Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,320 Posts
Any Boston drivers taking part in Nationwide Oct 16 to Oct 18?
I know I will be taking these day's off.
Good. The more drivers that "take off", the more rides/money for the other drivers.

I suspect half the Uber drivers won't even know there's a strike planned.

·
Premium Member
3,320 Posts
POST # 1/Nooa: Bison and I will be
there...in Spirit !
I'll be there in spirit also. But my body will be Ubering in Boston.

Seriously, there are some things I don't like about the company Uber. I've expressed my dissatisfaction about them directly to Uber. I've also mentioned them on this forum. But, overall, I'm content with driving for Uber. On a scale of 1 - 10, I give it a 7 or 8. When it falls below my satisfaction level and I become displeased, I'll stop driving for them. Until then, I'm driving when I want to.

If you don't like the way Uber is run, stop working for them. If you think Uber is doing something illegal, bring it, and the evidence, to the meetings now in progress to rewrite TNC rules and regulations. IMO, striking is a waste of your time and loss of money for you.

It amazes me how some people, struggling to make a buck, know how a company should be run. If they really did know, they would be successful business consultants, and not on this forum.
John

·
Registered
6,422 Posts

Seriously, there are some things I don't like about the company Uber. I've expressed my dissatisfaction about them directly to Uber. I've also mentioned them on this forum. But, overall, I'm content with driving for Uber. On a scale of 1 - 10, I give it a 7 or 8. When it falls below my satisfaction level and I become displeased, I'll stop driving for them. Until then, I'm driving when I want to.

If you don't like the way Uber is run, stop working for them. If you think Uber is doing something illegal, bring it, and the evidence, to the meetings now in progress to rewrite TNC rules and regulations. IMO, striking is a waste of your time and loss of money for you.

It amazes me how some people, struggling to make a buck, know how a company should be run. If they really did know, they would be successful business consultants, and not on this forum.
John
POST # 4/Golfermack: There's no veiling
YOUR Contempt for
the #[F]Uber critics. You *****-slap them
as "Failures" because they are NEITHER
"Successful Business Consultants" nor
T.K. Admirers.

I neither know, or care, WHAT your vo-
cation was before #[F]Uber. It DID for
You, as for me, allowed us to spend Our
Respective time in Greater Boston and
Chosen Coast, left or right, of South Flor-
ida for the Months of Our Liking. I will,
as you will, continue to Work and Post.

Unlike YOU however, I WON'T be earning
my $$$$$ by depriving others of their
livelihood. I WON'T be helping a Global
Scofflaw funnel $Billions Offshore to the
detriment of Cities, Counties, States and
Our Country.

I especially WON'T add fuel
to Rasier's Valuation Conflagration, that
Post-IPO, WILL TANK...impoverishing
Millions more, whose Retirement will be
disrupted to the extent that THEIR Finan-
cial Planners, feeling the Vicarious Thrill
of $upporting a "genius" "$ex machine"
like T.K., foolishly backed his Hypomanic
Hyperbole and lusted for the Robotic $al-
vation that Emperor @$$hat Envisions.

·
Registered
18 Posts

John
Stop working for them? How about try to work together to make working for them better.

·
Premium Member
3,320 Posts
... put some effort into getting the thing we don't like changed.
How? Please be specific.

As you can see from this thread, only 1 Uber driver has said they will strike. Do you think that's going to change anything in Boston? Earlier you said, "...try to work together to make working for them [Uber] better". I too would like things to be better. How do you propose we do that?

·
Premium Member
3,320 Posts
Remember the Demoulas / Market Basket walk out? It gained national attention.
I didn't work there but I supported all those workers By not shopping there! I just hope people will support Uber Drivers by NOT USING UBER THOSE DAYS. They can use Lyft or Sidecar
OK, I'll hope things get better too.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Market basket employees got what they wanted in the end. The customers helped by basically shutting the company down until they sold the company to Arthur T Demoulas. I was only saying we need the help of the passengers too.. because there will be guys like you will be driving during the strike.

·
Premium Member
3,320 Posts
Market basket employees got what they wanted in the end. The customers helped by basically shutting the company down until they sold the company to Arthur T Demoulas.
I'm well aware of the Market Basket incident. It was very different than what Uber drivers are experiencing now. The Market Basket employees were not complaining about pay or benefits. They were complaining that the boss they loved and worked for over many years was PUSHED out of the company. That's why the employees walked off the job. They wanted him back. And without produce and meats being resupplied to the stores, it was easy for the customers to stay away and directly and/or indirectly show support for the employees.

I was only saying we need the help of the passengers too.
Good luck with that dream.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm not going to drive on those day..the only way to be heard by uber is collectively. I know some will work and surges maybe high which also may mean less riders will request rides..but what ever happens uber will feel us and hopefully those who drive will thank us later. But without a doubt they can raise the mile rate by a dollar and still be a 1/3 cheaper than the cab..and raising up the safety fee is just another way of passing off the cost to do business off on us and another source of revenue for them . Hell I give them ten dollars a week for their phone..and truthfully if they don't raise up the rates I am going to see my way out of uber. In rush hour traffic I make about $15 an hour because it takes 30 minutes to get to a ten dollar fare...the bottom line is we are just drones that are being study and used because as soon as ubers partner Google puts out their driverless car uber will buy a fleet of them and deactivate all of us and all we will have is a beat up car with high mileage on it..STRIKE AND DEMAND LET UBER KNOW WE ARE UBER..

·
Premium Member
4,905 Posts
Has anybody here contacted the Boston Herald's Jordan Graham? It may generate publicity for the strikers.

He wrote a couple of recent stories about that $8.75 fee that Uber assesses riders to Logan. Some riders have questioned the fee and complained. Taxis in Boston charge $2.75; others charge $5.25 for the return toll all taxis must pay, empty or not.

It seems covering rideshare news may be a part of his array of expertise. I'm unsure who at the Boston Globe covers rideshare developments regularly, if anyone.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Problem with this strike is it includes Saturday and Sunday. The only two days of the week where driving in Boston isn't a total shitstorm. Also most Uber drivers (present company included) only do this part time and on the weekends so most drivers are not going to give up those days. This strike will just be a blip if not an epic fail on Uber's radar.

The are only 2 real long term options that will be more effective than a 3 day strike to show Uber your disgust.

1. Drive rarely. Only drive as much as you need to meet next week's bills. Hopefully for most of yas this is only a part time job. Once you hit 200 bucks stop driving. If you need more or less than do as u see fit but don't drive anymore than this. This over time will cause a shortage of drivers on the road and Uber will either be forced to raise rates to get drivers back on the road or increase surge like crazy. This is called free market capitalism at work.

2. Stop referring people to drive for Uber. Seriously do Friends Let Friends Drive for Uber? Are you really that hard up for 300 bucks that you would put someone in your family or circle of friends through this experience? I haven't given my driver referral code out once. Why? Cause I can't think of anyone I hate enough to do this too!!! Seriously between the traffic, the pax, the crazy designs of streets in Boston, the ratings, the wear and tear, gps losing signal and etc etc etc .....this is a very stressful part time gig!!! The only plus to this job is you can pick when and how much you work. That's it!!! It's the only reason I chose to do this as a part time gig. If I need a Saturday off I don't have to ask a boss. But that's the only perk.

Lastly for those that got conned into a lease through Uber when the rates were much higher, I really feel for yas. I would be pissed too. You got conned. I don't what type of recourse there is for yas but I hope you find some. Just don't take it out on the uber drivers out there that are just trying to make a couple of bucks so they can go out to dinner couple times a month.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts