Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spent about a half-hour in the drive-through line to get Popeye's :mad: :mad: :mad: ; the lobby is now always closed, supposedly due to there not being enough employees around. And as I live in a very low COL area, I have to think that this is happening nationwide. Obviously, this must be making it difficult for ants picking up food for their clients. I couldn't see anyone anting himself for a $3 payment by waiting a half-hour in line.

I guess this is the "law of unintended consequences" for everyone getting so much CHEESE that they don't feel like working these crap jobs anymore.

·
Administrator
6,442 Posts
I just spent about a half-hour in the drive-through line to get Popeye's :mad: :mad: :mad: ; the lobby is now always closed, supposedly due to there not being enough employees around. And as I live in a very low COL area, I have to think that this is happening nationwide. Obviously, this must be making it difficult for ants picking up food for their clients. I couldn't see anyone anting himself for a $3 payment by waiting a half-hour in line.

I guess this is the "law of unintended consequences" for everyone getting so much CHEESE that they don't feel like working these crap jobs anymore.
We have restaurants that still have closed lobbies.

A few of them allow delivery folks to come to the door and ring a doorbell so we don't have to go through the drive-thru. I will pick up from those. A couple have a designated lane for drivers to pull into. I will pick up from those.

A few still want us to wait in the drive-thru. I do not pick up from those.

·
Super Moderator
15,247 Posts
I wonder if that's why the drive through lines have gotten so big at fast food restaurants lately.

I used to get a hankering for a Caramel Frappe late at night around 11 pm. I'd get one 4-5 times a week.

The line at McDonalds has recently jumped to 15-20 cars at that time of night, so I just pass it on by.

Kinda forces me to diet.

·
Super Moderator
15,247 Posts
There's 5-6 parking spaces that were reserved for pick ups. I don't see those being used as much.

·
Premium Member
6,404 Posts
OMG the storylines this creates are endless! :ROFLMAO::LOL:(y)
I just spent about a half-hour in the drive-through line to get Popeye's
....and then since I love pain so much I walked barefoot thru a pile of glass!
....and that was so much fun I took another Popeyes offer!
....and then after driving 12 miles for $3 and no tip I got yelled at for being so late!
....and after finally getting to the window the told me the order wasn't ready so I had to go around again!
....and now the AI learned I'll actually do that so now all I get is Popeyes offers! 33 straight Popeyes offers today!

I could go on all day! :LOL:

·
5,880 Posts
It is getting harder and harder for me to do Eats orders because of this crap. I now turn on Eats when I get off my day job around 5 PM and am usually turning it off by 7:30 PM when all the dining rooms start closing. I know BK and Arby's don't open the lobby at all so easy decline. Wendy's is the wild card they are so random and the DT is always backed up. I know the manager and owner there so I will by pass the ordering spot and cut in front of the car at the speaker if the lobby is closed. After that easy decline for the rest of the night.

·
Premium Member
3,507 Posts

Lmao . Well i hope two lessons learned here. Actually 3.
Stop being a idiot . Never accept a order less then 6 dollars pass. Never go to that Popeyes . Whitecastel Mcdonalds Burger king . Pass . If the order wont pay you two dollars a mile pass. If your only doing uber then sighn up for DD And GH they may be much better . Here uber slashed the rates .Most restaurants no longer do uber eats .

·
Administrator
6,442 Posts
OMG the storylines this creates are endless! :ROFLMAO::LOL:(y)

....and then since I love pain so much I walked barefoot thru a pile of glass!
....and that was so much fun I took another Popeyes offer!
....and then after driving 12 miles for $3 and no tip I got yelled at for being so late!
....and after finally getting to the window the told me the order wasn't ready so I had to go around again!
....and now the AI learned I'll actually do that so now all I get is Popeyes orders! 33 straight Popeyes offers!

I could go on all day! :LOL:
I'm questioning your statement that you “love pain so much.”

I see no mention of you accepting a Wal-Mart delivery.

·
Premium Member
997 Posts

OMG.
Decline or unassign.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
That’s odd. In my area, we must pick up in the lobby, unless the lobby is closed.
Which is irritating as heck because all the fast-food places are open and closed at seemingly random times. So you usually can’t tell if the lobby is closed until you nearly yank your shoulder out of its socket trying to quickly open the door.
(Don’t start on me about “why do you even go to those places, they all suck, wah wah wah.” I don’t deliver fast food unless I determine it’s worth my while. Taco-snarfing stoners usually order a lot and tip well.)

·
5,880 Posts
That’s odd. In my area, we must pick up in the lobby, unless the lobby is closed.
Which is irritating as heck because all the fast-food places are open and closed at seemingly random times. So you usually can’t tell if the lobby is closed until you nearly yank your shoulder out of its socket trying to quickly open the door.
(Don’t start on me about “why do you even go to those places, they all suck, wah wah wah.” I don’t deliver fast food unless I determine it’s worth my while. Taco-snarfing stoners usually order a lot and tip well.)
Every market is different, outside of Burger King, the other fast food pick-ups are generally decent in my area. For some reason the BK customers just don't want to tip or only tip $1.00. :mad: Easy decline. I actually thought about trying to get Uber to remove me from BK requests.

·
Super Moderator
5,911 Posts
The vast majority of restaurants in my area don't require drive thru pickup. I only know of one that does and I avoid it. There's one that requires drivers to wait outside, and the staff bring out the food, which I don't mind at all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts