Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is for the newbies. You make a mistake and then feel bad about yourself. Well, everyone makes mistakes.

I just delivered 2 Starbucks for 3.7 miles for $2.89 and $2 cash. I fell prey to the sneaky UE pop-up while you’re typing a message, and as it was quick, I thought I saw $12.85

Ordinarily, I would still cancel, but decided to go through with it.

Sitting here on the dock off the bay (literally) contemplating my life…

Sky Plant Water Tree Road surface

·
Premium Member
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a moral to this story though. When people say “I tip generously upon delivery in cash!” They mean exactly those stinking $2. This is why we don’t take no-tip orders and hold our breath.

The previous delivery was a coffee and an espresso shot from Dunkin going less than a mile. The ping promised $5 tip and I got a $5 ($7 total).

NO TIPPY-NO GOEY!

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Cash tips on top of app pre tips are pretty rare for me. I only accept deliveries with decent pre tips. Yesterday I had a Bob Evans delivery for 10.50$ for 4 miles. Ok, I’ll take it. I deliver to a shady, “low income neighborhood”. Before I could verify the house number a dude walks up and reaches for the food. I just hand it to him. He holds out his other hand like he wants to shake hands and when I do he puts a ten dollar bill in my hand. You just never know.

·
Premium Member
8,658 Posts
I don't understand why folks complain or cherry pick. There is serious money to be made on every UberEats offer. Look at this gem I did last night... over $1 / mile, unlike DoorDash which will send me five times the distance for 14 cents less!

Font Screenshot Multimedia Software Electronic device

No cash tip on delivery either, but who needs tips when you are making over $1/mile!

Product Font Screenshot Technology Electronic device

Uber generously shared some extra earnings with me in the form of a 10 cent "Trip Supplement". That should help with gas!

I only had to drive 3 miles to get to the restaurant to begin, so all in all I am looking at only 4.6 miles total for these earnings.

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
I don't understand why folks complain or cherry pick. There is serious money to be made on every UberEats offer. Look at this gem I did last night... over $1 / mile, unlike DoorDash which will send me five times the distance for 14 cents less!

View attachment 670717

No cash tip on delivery either, but who needs tips when you are making over $1/mile!

View attachment 670720

Uber generously shared some extra earnings with me in the form of a 10 cent "Trip Supplement". That should help with gas!

I only had to drive 3 miles to get to the restaurant to begin, so all in all I am looking at only 4.6 miles total for these earnings.
Congrats on earning roughly $2.35/hour or a full dollar less than minimum wage in the 1990's :rofl:

·
Premium Member
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

View attachment 670717

View attachment 670720

Why was it 46 minutes?!?!?! 😳

·
Premium Member
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

View attachment 670717

View attachment 670720

The minute you walked in the joint
I could tell you were a man of distinction
A real big spender!
😂

·
Premium Member
6,678 Posts

View attachment 670717

View attachment 670720

@Trafficat, don't take this the wrong way.

Might want to seek counseling.

·
Registered
108 Posts

View attachment 670717

View attachment 670720

I’m gonna take an Uber eats order today and not even deliver it . Smfh , gonna give it to a homeless person
Font Rectangle Screenshot Logo Number

·
Premium Member
8,658 Posts
Why was it 46 minutes?!?!?! 😳
It was Hong Kong Diner.

I saw customers and other drivers come in, get food, and leave while I was waiting, but I guess my order was significantly complex, being 4 different boxes.

Thankfully, due to the rapid pace of the cook, quick feet of the diner and maybe a little bit of speeding on my part, we were able to keep the delivery under 1 hour. I found the apartment building despite the complete lack of lighting by and the awnings blocking the apartment complex numbers. I just had to park near each one and get out and use my flashlight to read each number. I got lucky and found it quickly, but delivery was to the third floor. I walked through the first floor and found the stairs, but sadly, the door up to the 2nd floor stairs of the apartment building was locked. Fortunately after I called the diner, he came down in just under 8 minutes to grab his grub which I kept piping hot in my PostMates insulated bag.

·
Premium Member
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It was Hong Kong Diner.

I saw customers and other drivers come in, get food, and leave while I was waiting, but I guess my order was significantly complex, being 4 different boxes.

Thankfully, due to the rapid pace of the cook, quick feet of the diner and maybe a little bit of speeding on my part, we were able to keep the delivery under 1 hour. I found the apartment building despite the complete lack of lighting by and the awnings blocking the apartment complex numbers. I just had to park near each one and get out and use my flashlight to read each number. I got lucky and found it quickly, but delivery was to the third floor. I walked through the first floor and found the stairs, but sadly, the door up to the 2nd floor stairs of the apartment building was locked. Fortunately after I called the diner, he came down in just under 8 minutes to grab his grub which I kept piping hot in my PostMates insulated bag.
I know I’m repeating myself, but you have honestly earned this. So proud of you!

·
Premium Member
8,846 Posts

View attachment 670717

View attachment 670720

Was that part of a double order? Because I've never seen Eats pay less than $2.00 for a single order.

I'd be surprised if that was a single order because as greedy as Uber is they're not stupid or reckless, and paying less than $2.00 is risky, given the increasing calls for govt regulation.

·
Premium Member
8,658 Posts
Was that part of a double order? Because I've never seen Eats pay less than $2.00 for a single order.

I'd be surprised if that was a single order because as greedy as Uber is they're not stupid or reckless, and paying less than $2.00 is risky, given the increasing calls for govt regulation.
This was in a sense. It started out with a McDonalds order. I had just arrived at the McDonald's and walked into the lobby to pick it up when I got this as the second trip added on. Then the staff at McDonald's told me that they were closing early and could not make the order, so I cancelled the first order as "Restaurant Closed". Only 1 delivery shows up in my trip history, and it is this one.

However, I see many offers from Uber for a single order for right around $2. I'm not sure if the extra 34 cents would really make this deal that much more amazing.

Here is another single order from the same Hong Kong Diner a few days ago. Pay is $3.78 but notice that the trip is 6.4 miles instead of 1.6. I bet it would be $2 or less if it was 1.6 miles.

3 points tho! That makes it tote worth it.
Map World Font Slope Screenshot

1 - 20 of 29 Posts