Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://mynewsla.com/crime/2015/09/2...-arrested-after-striking-skid-row-pedestrian/

Drunk Uber driver driving the wrong way on skidrow. They caught him a few blocks later. Driver could barely walk.

Police said that he's probably an Uber driver because he had the Uber trade dress on the windshield.
Idiot! Take them off when you're not on a ride.

This is why we need stringet background checks for all drivers. Guys like this gives those of us that follow the rules, a bad rap. What's next? Uber drivers drive worse than taxi drivers?

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
******** like these give guys who drive Uber in grey VWs a bad name.

The Uber trade dress shouldn't be a window cling. I laminated mine and use small Velcro circles to mount it. It's within arm's reach, so I can put it in the window and take it out quickly.

Uber needs to do stronger background checks and fingerprinting. They should also send people out to do random rides to ensure the car and driver match the account.

·
Registered
544 Posts

The Uber trade dress shouldn't be a window cling. I laminated mine and use small Velcro circles to mount it. It's within arm's reach, so I can put it in the window and take it out quickly.

Uber needs to do stronger background checks and fingerprinting. They should also send people out to do random rides to ensure the car and driver match the account.
No more free passes at DUI check points.

·
Registered
175 Posts

Yeah man finger printing and secret riders is vital to the success of this company.

·
Super Moderator
15,315 Posts
Missed the place in article it says he is/was an Uber driver.

Reactions: LAndreas

·
Registered
632 Posts
It's been proven that an intoxicated driver in a Prius with Uber trade dress doesn't get a second look from law enforcement. Apparently, it doesn't apply to VW. I guess I won't be trading in my Prius for that VW Golf TDI I've been eyeing...

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
observer said:
Missed the place in article it says he is/was an Uber driver.
Glad to hear I was not the only one questioning the OP's statement against the article.

Not Me said:
Police said that he's probably an Uber driver because he had the Uber trade dress on the windshield.
Unfortunately Uber does not protect it's trade dress copyright, if there is one. Uber's trade dress can be purchased on E bay, or printed off a website I once came across.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts