Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
Does anyone, on uberx platform first and foremost, or any other platform use seat covers?
That's a good question. I picked up a diesel mechanic the other day and the guy brought with him two big sheets of clear plastic and a clean towel he sat on. He'd already changed out of his work clothes and washed up but you could still tell he was a diesel mechanic or something nasty. Anyway I was really impressed that he took such care of the seats and the floor so I tipped him $5. For going above and beyond, that's why.

To answer your question, in the dozen or so Ubers I've been in I've not seen it

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
I'm not currently using them, but I'd like to get some. The ones I want are $499 for front and back, or $299 on eBay direct from the manufacturer... which I assume are seconds or returns, though their rating is excellent.

That's a lot of money. But then again it's cheaper than reupholstering.

Clazzio Custom-Fit Synthetic Leather Seat Covers are what I'm looking to buy.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Due to certain circumstances I need to use our backup vehicle, seats are not horrible, just not spotless, but do not want complaints from pax.

Uber cannot possibly say, "No seat covers" during an inspection, can they? And no Hello Kitty, just plain fabric covers matching vehicle interior.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Due to certain circumstances I need to use our backup vehicle, seats are not horrible, just not spotless, but do not want complaints from pax.

Uber cannot possibly say, "No seat covers" during an inspection, can they? And no Hello Kitty, just plain fabric covers matching vehicle interior.
Aa long as there is no interference with the seat belts I cannot imagine they'd take issue with seat covers. But then again this is Uber so who knows. But I highly doubt it matters.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
There are lots of rideshare drivers who use seat covers. they make good sense for those with Cloth seats. Just make sure they are not tacky and most importantly do not obstruct any safety features like airbags and seat belts. Also if you have a hybrid make sure you don't accidentally cover your back seat air vent (my prius has one) which cools your hybrid battery. You should really get quality seat covers that are properly fitted for your specific car.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
I've been eyeballing these Wet Okole Seat covers. These are pretty sweet and made out of wet suit material. easy to keep clean and fast dry if someone gets into your car wet or spills something. There's a guy at the Orange county flee market at the Fairgrounds who sells them but you can order online. They are kinda pricey though ...like $500 for front and back for my prius.

http://www.wetokole.com/

·
Registered
549 Posts
I've been eyeballing these Wet Okole Seat covers. These are pretty sweet and made out of wet suit material. easy to keep clean and fast dry if someone gets into your car wet or spills something. There's a guy at the Orange county flee market at the Fairgrounds who sells them but you can order online. They are kinda pricey though ...like $500 for front and back for my prius.

http://www.wetokole.com/
Those are excellent seat covers. Had those in my truck in Hawaii. All the surfers use them over there.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
So Hello Kitty seat covers are a little over the top... noted
...and I'd been waiting on walmart to offer closeout on those Kitty license plate frames with the fake pink swarovski - also overkill, I guess

Pity...btw the Hello Kitty barfproof rubber floormats they had, those were SERIOUSLY nice. Alas, wrong colour :-/

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Both my uber cars have leather seats, o would not want to do uber with cloth seats after the stuff that I wipe up sometimes. That whatever it is gets in the cloth and stays there forever

1 - 20 of 27 Posts