Uber Drivers Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

· Registered
566 Posts
I had simular situation. I had pax like this from lax to Baldwin hills. I follow GPS.

Pax asks where you going? She says in 30 years they never went this way. All complaining. I told her im just following gps. I should have tossed her sorry ars to the side. It was all uncomfortably quiet and her husband all trying to be nice. 1 more word out of her mouth and they out of my car. After she got her rating and lucky I didn't kick her out.
Last week around 9 PM I got a Pin in NH, the guy told me go all San Vicente down and GPS was showing the same so that I did, the pax was distracted on his phone and GPS ask me to turn and when I am about to do so he is like, " I have no idea where you going" but like a not very nice tone, so I replay to him " Relax!! I am just following the GPS directions as you can see" (My phone is in the center of my dashboard) and he raised a bit more his tone and said "I don't [email protected]#$ck live in that direction" then I really raised my voice almost yelling at him "watch your language!!" he instantly cool off and started talking in a normal manner, so I continue explaining to him that I had no idea where he lived, and that is why we use GPS and also why I changed the location of my phone to the center so people could see what the GPS is saying, he was nice after that and was telling me that I knew how danger was for "them" now...he was gay and I guess after what happen in Florida they are a bit more susceptible to something bad happening to them, anyways he said that he didn't have his glasses on and could not see the phone, I guess he could not hear well too lol normally I would pull over and make the pax hit the route, but this one took my yelling well so he got to stay in :p my rating didn't change so he rate me 5* and no bad comments , he was actually really friendly after that, mhm maybe he liked to be treated a bit rough lol

· Registered
660 Posts
She probably thought he was trying to get an extra $0.15 out of the fare by going a different route haha ! There are those cheap PAX that truly believe we do everything the long way to get more money...

I tell them that it doesn't pay to be stuck in traffic (unless we get that beautiful 2x+ surge) and we usually try to find the most efficient route. Also I always have GPS up and running so people don't think i'm working the system for more money. Also people are spacey and you can never trust them to lead you.

· Registered
566 Posts
So Uber drivers are just as racist as taxi drivers are. Nice.
I know it is hard to believe but Uber drivers are human beings, same as Taxi drivers, I don't think that a job can make you more or less racist,but you know what? it is time to knock it off with the racist "card" ,don't you watch news? racist lost the power of being victims in this days, now people is target of hatred not only for your race, also for your sexuality, your religion, even your job, many countries attack and destroy Uber driver's cars because they happen to be trying to make a living in a job that they dislike or hate,so please grow up and leave the racist excuse behind man, if someone is racist or disagreed with some of the things you do,believe or think, so what? do you need them to like you?o_O

· Premium Member
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I know it is hard to believe but Uber drivers are human beings, same as Taxi drivers, I don't think that a job can make you more or less racist,but you know what? it is time to knock it off with the racist "card" ,don't you watch news? racist lost the power of being victims in this days, now people is target of hatred not only for your race, also for your sexuality, your religion, even your job, many countries attack and destroy Uber driver's cars because they happen to be trying to make a living in a job that they dislike or hate,so please grow up and leave the racist excuse behind man, if someone is racist or disagreed with some of the things you do,believe or think, so what? do you need them to like you?o_O
I can assure you race played no part in this. But next week I will kick out some spoiled Beverly Hills princess so there can be no doubt.

· Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Sad. Picking someone up on Crenshaw automatically makes them a bad pax? According to Uber, you ARE supposed to take the pax's directions OVER GPS. Then you dump her groceries on the ground? Not ok.
Yes picking up from hood area automatically make them BAD person?what?you trying to be like a nice person?Get out man!He did the best thing dropping those girls out of his car,his car his rule,got it?

· Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Last week around 9 PM I got a Pin in NH, the guy told me go all San Vicente down and GPS was showing the same so that I did, the pax was distracted on his phone and GPS ask me to turn and when I am about to do so he is like, " I have no idea where you going" but like a not very nice tone, so I replay to him " Relax!! I am just following the GPS directions as you can see" (My phone is in the center of my dashboard) and he raised a bit more his tone and said "I don't [email protected]#$ck live in that direction" then I really raised my voice almost yelling at him "watch your language!!" he instantly cool off and started talking in a normal manner, so I continue explaining to him that I had no idea where he lived, and that is why we use GPS and also why I changed the location of my phone to the center so people could see what the GPS is saying, he was nice after that and was telling me that I knew how danger was for "them" now...he was gay and I guess after what happen in Florida they are a bit more susceptible to something bad happening to them, anyways he said that he didn't have his glasses on and could not see the phone, I guess he could not hear well too lol normally I would pull over and make the pax hit the route, but this one took my yelling well so he got to stay in :p my rating didn't change so he rate me 5* and no bad comments , he was actually really friendly after that, mhm maybe he liked to be treated a bit rough lol
Perfect man!Try to not to pick up THAT KIND OF PERSON!hope you know what I mean by that!

· Registered
566 Posts
Perfect man!Try to not to pick up THAT KIND OF PERSON!hope you know what I mean by that!
There is no way for me to know if a person is nice or educated before pick them up, I wish there was, I rely a lot in the score that passengers have to try to avoid this kind of people.If that is what you meant by This kind of person, becuase I have no problem with other's sexualities or races as long they are nice people.

· Premium Member
2,330 Posts
There is no way for me to know if a person is nice or educated before pick them up, I wish there was, I rely a lot in the score that passengers have to try to avoid this kind of people.If that is what you meant by This kind of person, becuase I have no problem with other's sexualities or races as long they are nice people.
Lol good for you!

· Registered
771 Posts
Picked up this woman on Crenshaw (I know, what was I thinking.) She's only going a few miles. Following the GPS, I make a turn.

"Where you going?"
"Excuse me?"
"If you go this way, I be delayed!"
"Not according to this.
"You telling me you know where I live? I live there for 20 years and you know better than me?"

I swerve over to the side of the road. "Okay, ride's over, get out."

As I dump her grocery bags onto the sidewalk, the handles on one rip off. Good luck getting your crap back home!
Lmao

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.