Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Michael,
I appreciate that you tried to update your insurance, however, I'm sorry to inform you that we can't accept insurance policies issued by Hyrecar/Onyx.

We appreciate your patience and understanding. Should you have other concerns, you may find this link helpful.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Hello Michael,
I appreciate that you tried to update your insurance, however, I'm sorry to inform you that we can't accept insurance policies issued by Hyrecar/Onyx.

We appreciate your patience and understanding. Should you have other concerns, you may find this link helpful.
Hyrecar died a painful death. Just a horrible idea/business model. I'm in a brand new 2016 Prius which I punish 6 days a week. Driving as much as 400 miles per day when my private clients call. I know every inch of my very reliable car. There is no way I would drive a "mystery" car with no knowledge of it's upkeep, maintenance, tire, brake and oil status. Hyrecar was pure garbage.

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I never had any issues with the cars or the owners. Hyrecar does not answer the phone or respond to emails though. It is like they are not even there. I don't think they have real employee's. Probably just a couple of dudes doing everything and not caring.

I worked something out with the owner, a direct arrangement. Already using his insurance. It's going to start costing a lot less pretty soon because we are going to work direct and not use hyrecar. He has a few Prius cars.

Bottom line though is that Uber won't approve their insurance. You can't set up a business like that and expect Uber not to suddenly cut your throat for no reason. Drivers should probably quit thinking Uber will always be there too. Uber can and will shoot you dead, at random.

So Hyrecar was useful for awhile. It introduced me to a guy with a bunch of Prius cars I can keep using. He's reliable, I had an issue and he sent a truck, he takes care of any issues right away and credits the rental. Hyrecarr has no staffing and Uber won't work with them apparently. Uber probably BG'd them and decided to just reject their insurance as a way of getting rid of them.

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Uber is not going to accept their insurance anymore. So Hyrecar will only be working with Lyft. It was pretty sudden. I don't think they will stay in business for very long with only Lyft. Hyrecar is not comping me so I guess they are not a very god company to use no matter who you drive for.

Lyft deactivated me for ratings when I was less than 5 rides away from my 500 dollar sign up bonus. They had just lowered the bonus and I was about to receive the higher bonus after they had lowered it. So they took the high road and deactivated me. That was a year ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts