Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I don't get to transport ghetto people anymore, but sometimes I get white females around 30 y.o. as my riders who straight after getting into the car start to throw F and S bombs into their phones. Is that a thing today? I have to put on my headphones and turn it very loud to silence this. And I hate to drive like that because I'd like to have the road noise. Driving for 45+ minutes without being able to hear somebody honking at you is not fun. Especially in the night.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Another entirely passenger sided story with the driver deactivated.

Many people under the age of 30 are completely incompetent to do anything but play with their phones and surf the Internet. When challenged to do anything that involves some effort they are completely useless. Unfortunately their college degrees Are equivalent to my high school education in the mid 70's. God help this country.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I strongly believe that with people in that age bracket, that the IQ's have gone down significantly in the last 20 years. I think that it might come from being addicted to their phones and their computers.
Just a weak mind trying to express itself...

·
Registered
1,410 Posts

I don't get to transport ghetto people anymore, but sometimes I get white females around 30 y.o. as my riders who straight after getting into the car start to throw F and S bombs into their phones. Is that a thing today? I have to put on my headphones and turn it very loud to silence this. And I hate to drive like that because I'd like to have the road noise. Driving for 45+ minutes without being able to hear somebody honking at you is not fun. Especially in the night.
I will excuse an f bomb or two and some cussing but if it continues then I stop the ride and request that the passenger stop. I also point out the dashcam recording them. This normally gets them to stop but you know that you are getting a one star and a "my driver made me feel uncomfortable" type complaint. I fill out the safety report as soon as the ride ends.sp that I beat them to the punch and always offer the dashcam to Uber.

My basic rule that I tell cussing pax and especially GQs is that I don't curse in their presence so why do they think it's okay to curse in mine. I don't need any fare badly enough that I am willing to put up with disrespectful behavior anymore.

Just part of our ongoing war against GQs.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think some of you just look for reasons to be upset. Poor little special snow flake did they say a bad word in your safe space? Unless they are cursing at me I don't care. What they say on the phone to whoever the hell they are talking to has to be pretty near the bottom of the list for things I'm concerned about.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
I think some of you just look for reasons to be upset. Poor little special snow flake did they say a bad word in your safe space? Unless they are cursing at me I don't care. What they say on the phone to whoever the hell they are talking to has to be pretty near the bottom of the list for things I'm concerned about.
Agreed. I take more offense to some of these highfalutin people that think there s*** don't stink. You know the type - big-shot executives in their $400 a night hotel rooms, constantly on their phone talking crap. Get a lot of those types at the Bridgewater Marriott, always an Uber x to the airport and rarely leave a tip.

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Cursing at me and cursing in my presence are two different things . I don't offend easily .

While I do believe in your car your rules I also think that sometimes the stresses related to this work make us look for reasons to get upset . I know I have been there .

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
How ironic that their referred to as "Smart phones" while the people using them are getting dumber and dumber.
Stupid is the new smart.

I remember back when I was a kid when digital calculators we're introduced. No need to study math anymore you can just push the button and get the answer. Technology is a wonderful thing and enables some people to accomplish things never before thought possible. But it does not replace the basics of reading,writing, arithmetic, and logical reasoning.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Stupid is the new smart.

I remember back when I was a kid when digital calculators we're introduced. No need to study math anymore you can just push the button and get the answer. Technology is a wonderful thing and enables some people to accomplish things never before thought possible. But it does not replace the basics of reading,writing, arithmetic, and logical reasoning.
This.

IMO.
Any smart things = makes everyone dumber. How many of you memorized 10 phone numbers you use most? I know 4. My own, home, work, wife. Friends and families all goes by their names now.

Pretty soon we will forget to locate and knows how to turn on light switches because Alexa won't turn it on.

·
Registered
814 Posts

Can someone please! Please! Make a tune out of the " you don't touch me like that" and put it on YouTube. Omg it would be 2019 greatest hit?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Like I said people support my all “ trips to the hood gets 1⭐ “ and you hit every bottom including other. Of course there are exceptions. Soon their ratings will be so low no one will take their pings. Btw don’t judge me I go above and beyond to keep a high rating. Got 3 one ⭐. In a town called Zirvintown, one time for giving this GQ a free water a bag of chips... she asks me for a straw and I say I’m sorry I don’t carry straws. Her response “ uhhhhh uhhhh what kind of Uber is this!!!” Another one pulled into GQ driveway to drop her off and as I’m about to swipe end trip she says I’m changing the destination. I say “there’s already someone waiting down the street for me to pick them up, the ping cane in 8 minutes ago” she changes it anyway. I still remain professional. Next pax now is calling cause I literally when by her. At the new destination a woman aproaches the window, she gives her the purse, woman removes something from it, gives it back to my pax. And once again just before I’m about to end the trip, she changes the destination again. Another GQ I pick up in Hoboken took her to that same town Zirvington. Told fuber I never picked her up. Fuber simply deducted the fare from my account, and sent me a notice. But stupid GQ didn’t know I have a hidden camera in the car. I look at footage and there she is sitting behind me. So fuber refunded me. So my campaign is Justified lol.

·
Premium Member
11,692 Posts
Like I said people support my all " trips to the hood gets 1⭐ " and you hit every bottom including other. Of course there are exceptions. Soon their ratings will be so low no one will take their pings. Btw don't judge me I go above and beyond to keep a high rating. Got 3 one ⭐. In a town called Zirvintown, one time for giving this GQ a free water a bag of chips... she asks me for a straw and I say I'm sorry I don't carry straws. Her response " uhhhhh uhhhh what kind of Uber is this!!!" Another one pulled into GQ driveway to drop her off and as I'm about to swipe end trip she says I'm changing the destination. I say "there's already someone waiting down the street for me to pick them up, the ping cane in 8 minutes ago" she changes it anyway. I still remain professional. Next pax now is calling cause I literally when by her. At the new destination a woman aproaches the window, she gives her the purse, woman removes something from it, gives it back to my pax. And once again just before I'm about to end the trip, she changes the destination again. Another GQ I pick up in Hoboken took her to that same town Zirvington. Told fuber I never picked her up. Fuber simply deducted the fare from my account, and sent me a notice. But stupid GQ didn't know I have a hidden camera in the car. I look at footage and there she is sitting behind me. So fuber refunded me. So my campaign is Justified lol.
Until the algorithim picks up on the pattern, and you get deactivated for destination discrimination.

Uber tends to do these "sweeps" of particular offenses in cycles, and they all but ignore them until the time comes. Then we see swarms of posts on here from old and new alike all, "Iiiiii just got deaaaaaactivaaaated!"

It's all great til it ain't.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Until the algorithim picks up on the pattern, and you get deactivated for destination discrimination.

Uber tends to do these "sweeps" of particular offenses in cycles, and they all but ignore them until the time comes. Then we see swarms of posts on here from old and new alike all, "Iiiiii just got deaaaaaactivaaaated!"

It's all great til it ain't.
You right, but I have a recording of a convo with fuber, I was demanding they remove one of these 1 stars, and they were like.... " don't worry it won't effect your rating" so we are independent contractors right?" Then blah blah. They told me I can refuse rides based on destination, location, people I don't feel comfortable with, etc... I recorded everything.

·
Registered
262 Posts
It took me a while to figure out what GQ meant on here.

Highly disrespectful and ignorant.

No matter what, they are still human beings.

You don’t know how they were raised, or their upbringing.

Easy on the criticism, Mr Judgemental.

I use to take all type of fares and I never judged not one pax.

Sure they can be weird and strange, but it’s not for me to be labeling. I just pick up my fare and keep it moving. My job is to drive people safely to their destination and get money in the process, not analyze every detail of each pax and come on the internet complaining, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU WOULDNT DARE SAY THIS IN THE PRESENCE OF SAID PEOPLE IN SAID NEIGHBOORHOOD ON ANY GIVEN DAY OF THE WEEK.

By doing this, you show cowardice. It’s cool to tell ur story, but chill wit the labeling. You know good and damn well you wouldn’t say it to their face so...

·
Premium Member
11,692 Posts
It took me a while to figure out what GQ meant on here.

Highly disrespectful and ignorant.

No matter what, they are still human beings.

You don't know how they were raised, or their upbringing.

Easy on the criticism, Mr Judgemental.

I use to take all type of fares and I never judged not one pax.

Sure they can be weird and strange, but it's not for me to be labeling. I just pick up my fare and keep it moving. My job is to drive people safely to their destination and get money in the process, not analyze every detail of each pax and come on the internet complaining, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU WOULDNT DARE SAY THIS IN THE PRESENCE OF SAID PEOPLE IN SAID NEIGHBOORHOOD ON ANY GIVEN DAY OF THE WEEK.

By doing this, you show cowardice. It's cool to tell ur story, but chill wit the labeling. You know good and damn well you wouldn't say it to their face so...
GQ, despite what the letters stand for, has less to do with the neighborhood they live in than it does with the attitude they keep with them wherever they go. there are very decent, hardworking people who live in very poor neighborhoods that happened to also be high crime areas. There are people who managed to get out of those areas into what might be accurate to call a blue-collar neighborhood, who are pure GQ. it's about the way they act. It's about the way they look at people with disdain when they don't even have the social or economic status to do so, and I'm not saying that those with a higher income have a right to look down at anyone, but at least you can see why they think they do.

they act like trash and call it class.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.