Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ipswich police have charged a man after a taxi driver was allegedly bound and robbed in Bundamba overnight.

It will be alleged at midnight a man caught a taxi on Ipswich Rd at Annerley and was transported to River Rd in Bundamba. Once the taxi reached the location the man allegedly produced a knife and demanded the 42-year-old male driver stop the vehicle. The man then tied the driver's hands together behind his seat before taking a sum of money and fleeing the scene on foot.

A taxi driver has been held up with a knife and tied up during a terrifying attack in Brisbane's south. @ABernhardt9 #9Newspic.twitter.com/PDWDtnDpW7

- Nine News Brisbane (@9NewsBrisbane) February 6, 2017

Ipswich uniformed police, detectives and the dog squad commenced a search of the area after arriving at the scene to find the driver with his hands still bound. A man was located in the yard of a nearby residence and taken into custody without further incident.

A 34-year-old Kallangur man has been charged with armed robbery, fraud, contravene direction and will appear in Ipswich Magistrates Court this morning.

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yet another stern reminder to be extra vigilant. Consider your own safety regardless of taxi/uber/limo.

Strange part of the segment shows the driver sitting in a Holden Epica, so I'm confused whether it was a taxi or uber?

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Tire

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Yet another stern reminder to be extra vigilant. Consider your own safety regardless of taxi/uber/limo.

Strange part of the segment shows a Holden Epica, so I'm confused whether it was a taxi or uber?
May have been re-enacting for the cameras...
He was pointing to where cabs have distress alarm button...

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mohammed F 7 hrs
I got robbed last night in an armed robbery. But with the cameras, satellite tracking and quick thinking of Ash the night supervisor I am still alive. So uber drivers wake up. I sincerely thank Ash, Rav, the Ipswich Police and their sniffer dogs for saving my life.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Mohammed F 7 hrs
I got robbed last night in an armed robbery. But with the cameras, satellite tracking and quick thinking of Ash the night supervisor I am still alive. So uber drivers wake up. I sincerely thank Ash, Rav, the Ipswich Police and their sniffer dogs for saving my life.
hmmm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.