Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw email from Uber yesterday about the new promo called Consecutive Trip Boost (CTB) and this morning I tried it. First trip I did was from Lyft and I dropped off the pax in the CTB zone. I turned off Lyft and turned on Uber app. The boost anount on the upper right corner of the screen started raising from $0 to $5 ($25 is a max boost that you can get) very quickly and I was impressed how fast it was growing ( our trip meter should be like that lol ) and I got first request. It was LGA trip and after the drop off I drove to cell phone lot. Before I entered the parking lot I got another ping which was like in 2 miles from Flushing. I picked up the second pax and dropped off her in less and 1 miles (first disappointment) and took me far east from the LGA. It was a dead zone and I headed back to LGA cell phone lot again when I got third request which was pool. I didn't want to accept it but because I wanted to see how that CTB working I accepted. That took me away from LGA again to the far East and it was a teenager who was going to college. I went offline to stop new requests after the trip started. I dropped him and checked the last trip receipt to see if I got that f*ing CTB but there was nothing. I'm writing this from the LGA parking lot now and thinking how I wasted 2.5 hours for that stupid thing and made only $35 in that time. I could get better trips if I didn't work for Fuber and care about its stupid promo (you have ro stay inline between trips and made 3 trips in a row What's your experience on this new promo if you get any?

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
The CTB is stupid. You have to give 3 consecutive rides in the zoned area, manhattan and brooklyn. Once you leave that area, not only you dont get that bonus but it disapears as well. Start calling passangers to find out where they are going, just like you should have on saturday when it was pouring to stay in the city!!!! Again. You cant be mister nice guy to earn well..

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
The CTB is stupid. You have to give 3 consecutive rides in the zoned area, manhattan and brooklyn. Once you leave that area, not only you dont get that bonus but it disapears as well. Start calling passangers to find out where they are going, just like you should have on saturday when it was pouring to stay in the city!!!! Again. You cant be mister nice guy to earn well..
I have read a lot about calling pax to ask them about their destinations.... how does one even frame such a call ? Don't passengers say "Why are you calling to ask this question?" or "Why are you asking me this?"

"Hello, is this Erin?" "Hi, I'm your Uber Driver. Just wanted to ask you to confirm your destination. Where will I be driving you today?" "Oh, I'm sorry but I won't be able to take you there. Please cancel the ride and hail another driver. Thank you. Bye."

Is this how it goes? LOL

·
Registered
198 Posts
Seriously. Soon no wonder why pas don't answer my call when I just want them to come closer to the Avenue because of traffic. How do you call pax and once you know where they're going you cancel them. This is very bad behavior and only about time before you screw it for all of us. Maybe they'll remove the contact pax option

·
Registered
235 Posts
Seriously. Soon no wonder why pas don't answer my call when I just want them to come closer to the Avenue because of traffic. How do you call pax and once you know where they're going you cancel them. This is very bad behavior and only about time before you screw it for all of us. Maybe they'll remove the contact pax option
Bad behavior...Really? All I care about is the $ I make and so should you..The deck is way to stacked against u in this business to be nice guy...I don't call all the time but when it's in my interests..I call..If I don't like the destination I cancel...Use them wisely..My cancel rate is at 5℅

·
Registered
198 Posts
Bad behavior...Really? All I care about is the $ I make and so should you..The deck is way to stacked against u in this business to be nice guy...I don't call all the time but when it's in my interests..I call..If I don't like the destination I cancel...Use them wisely..My cancel rate is at 5℅
This is something you won't be able to do for long. Especially if more people do it. And how do you have only 5 % cancelation. How do you know when to suspect a passenger

·
Registered
235 Posts
This is something you won't be able to do for long. Especially if more people do it. And how do you have only 5 % cancelation. How do you know when to suspect a passenger
I use the cancels wisely...If in surge area with a good surge I call and see if the trip is worth the time to do.. If it's a shorties I cancel and wait till I get another one..I repeat process until I get a good trip.. surge don't last long..Might as well make it worth it..Otherwise I don't cancel ever unless it's a no show and other serious issue that I don't wanna deal with

·
Premium Member
10,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
First trip was from the zone, other two were not but according this quote from their email I'm still eligible:

• If a trip takes you out of the promotion area, you'll still be eligible. Simply start your first trip in Manhattan or inner Brooklyn during the hours listed and complete 3 trips in a row.

·
Premium Member
10,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Uber did make it wrong. They should show the drivers the destination addresses when they send pings. Driver must know the destination before accepting the request.

·
Registered
31 Posts
This happened to me. I think the CTB resets when you go into the airport queue. It shouldn't be this way, but it seems so. I lost $19 in bonus. This only happened to me at LGA. I have been able to take my first passenger in manhattan and subsequent ones outside the zone and still get the bonus. I also lost the bonus during poor cell phone reception downtown when I lost connection to the Uber server, and when I canceled a no-show (which also should not break the chain).

I've stopped trying to get this bonus since it has been so unreliable. I have gotten it a couple of times because Uber sent me three in a row, but I don't hang out for the requests. Lyft or Juno will give me my "bonus" by sending me business when Uber doesn't.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts