Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I started to get a sore throat. Normally they get better after a day or two, but after 3 days it was getting worse. I go into Kaisers Urgent Care and the do a swab and sure enough I have streptococcus (strep throat). They give me some antibiotics and it starts to get better, but it still took me out of action for a week.

Thanks for your gift anonymous pax, but I would have preferred a tip.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Last week I started to get a sore throat. Normally they get better after a day or two, but after 3 days it was getting worse. I go into Kaisers Urgent Care and the do a swab and sure enough I have streptococcus (strep throat). They give me some antibiotics and it starts to get better, but it still took me out of action for a week.

Cut down on hours, your immune system needs to recover

·
Registered
650 Posts

My favorite are the ones who request in need to go to the emergency room.

I mean, can I get a choice if I want to transport someone who is infected with the plague? a warning? a courtesy call?

Nope.

Because it's ok to infect me, my car and the next people who hop in with whatever contagion they have. :confused::eek:

Those little Emergen-c packs are great. I've been taking them everyday mixed in my juice and I feel much better and have not caught any colds for a long time. They sell a jumbo pack with three boxes at costco.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts

Antibiotics for a sore throat is like a surgery for an ingrown nail.

·
Premium Member
23,297 Posts
I know exactly which passenger gave me the exact same thing. Indian chap going from Glendale to USC. He was sniffling & coughing and told me how bad his cold was. I've heard if you only breath through your mouth, not breath through the nose, when around a sick person it lessens the chance of getting their cold.

Know how hard it is to only breath through the mouth? Try it for a minute, let alone all the way from Glendale to USC in rush hour traffic :eek:

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
from the title I thought you caught AIDS
....again. right?

I drink gallon of water a day, no joke. I also wee, way too much!

The only thing I've contracted, is the sniffles.
That's not too much, that's bare minimum

Antibiotics for a sore throat is like a surgery for an ingrown nail.
Had both a few times.

Even had surgery for a sore throat, in fact. Well, tonsils out.

He was sniffling & coughing and told me how bad his cold was. I've heard if you only breath through your mouth, not breath through the nose, when around a sick person it lessens the chance of getting their cold.

Know how hard it is to only breath through the mouth? :eek:
That's why it's in your throat, not your upper respiratory system. Lol.

·
Premium Member
23,297 Posts
....again. right?

Had both a few times.

It's in my upper respiratory system too....:confused:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Strep is different bud. If left unchecked it can become an abscess which happened to me and just about clogged up my airway.

It is not simply a sore throat as anyone who has ever had can tell you.
Ehh I don't know, seems to me it's worrying for nothing. Like doing one of the most dangerous jobs on earth (driving a car) but then worrying about the 1-in-a-million risk of being pulled over with a minor pax.
That's why more and more viruses resist antibiotics, evolution is a biatch, especially when everyone worries for nothing.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
....again. right?

Had both a few times.

Every time I get checked out by a dentist they ask have I had my tonsils removed. I don't know maybe when I was little I guess. Who knows. Guess I'm less prone to getting sick then

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Every time I get checked out by a dentist they ask have I had my tonsils removed. I don't know maybe when I was little I guess. Who knows. Guess I'm less prone to getting sick then
Actually your tonsils are supposed to protect you or something...it's only when that gatehouse is overrun and turns hostile that they cut em off

You should remember, though, unless you got a lot of concussions since... it hurts A LOT, and then they force you to eat ICE CREAM, cuz it's about the only item you can get down... supping even cold water thru a straw, torture.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I know exactly which passenger gave me the exact same thing. Indian chap going from Glendale to USC. He was sniffling & coughing and told me how bad his cold was. I've heard if you only breath through your mouth, not breath through the nose, when around a sick person it lessens the chance of getting their cold.

Know how hard it is to only breath through the mouth? Try it for a minute, let alone all the way from Glendale to USC in rush hour traffic :eek:
Some people get off on getting other people sick, when they are sick! It's like some 12 monkeys thing where the scientists who do the research get so twisted that they want to infect everybody.

Must watch for sociopaths.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts